Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Audio System Option for Standard Range Plus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any market with premium audio system (14 speakers w/sub woofer)option for Standard Range Plus? I am wiling to pay extra money for a upgrade but not force myself to pick Performance model.

Is there any market with premium audio system (14 speakers w/sub woofer)option for Standard Range Plus? I am wiling to pay extra money for a upgrade but not force myself to pick Performance model.

We only get 8 speakers, they will be releasing the connectivity package soon (Streaming radio, Browser, Sat Nav for a monthly fee, maybe then they will turn on the 4 Pillar speakers and allow us to buy the Sub & Amp.

Fred

We only get 8 speakers, they will be releasing the connectivity package soon (Streaming radio, Browser, Sat Nav for a monthly fee, maybe then they will turn on the 4 Pillar speakers and allow us to buy the Sub & Amp.

Fred
Strange did you get an older model?

I got a model 3 standard plus it comes with what they call partial premium interior
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound

Only sound comes from the 4 speakers on the dash board, 3x Midrange & 1x tweeter

2x bass speakers in the front doors
2x fill speakers in the rear doors

Total of 8

The 2x speakers next to the side mirrors and the 2x tweeters high up in the pillars are turned off.

The 2x midrange in the trunk lid are missing.

The Sub & Amp inside the trunk, right side isn’t there.

And the Immersions sound don’t work with out those 4 speakers by the mirrors and in the pillar.

If you pull apart the inside right side of the Trunk and see a Sub & amp then you scored.

My Plus build is March 2019

Fred

Last edited:
Everything I've been able to gather about the Model 3's audio system : teslamotors

C11BD8ED-0A20-4EB4-A831-13724CB04816.jpeg

Not sure about this I’ll have to pull the back and look for a sub

My plus has immersive option and audio sounds great

Picked up 2-3 weeks ago

FYI if you look at Tesla website and build it says partial premium has the 14 speakers so I would say if yours is older maybe they changed something but if your ordered lately and don’t have it something up.

This is from the order form, Partial Premium still doesn’t give you that option. Immersive sound doesn’t work, noted by many here. I’ve flipped that switch many times and the sound didn’t switch at all.

The system sounds sweet, so you think you have all 14 speakers.

D541BE6E-48D8-4565-8CA5-44F9B484D156.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tfraley
Not sure about this I’ll have to pull the back and look for a sub

My plus has immersive option and audio sounds great

Picked up 2-3 weeks ago

FYI if you look at Tesla website and build it says partial premium has the 14 speakers so I would say if yours is older maybe they changed something but if your ordered lately and don’t have it something up.
My plus doesn’t have a sub. I’d be surprised if yours did

upload_2019-6-8_18-43-39.png

This is why I don't want to get out of my car in the morning when I get to work. Can't I just stay and listen to my Tesla Wow's Spotify playlist?? And supercharging is so fun. I sit in my car and search the top hits of the 1960's and 1970's and add them to that playlist. Did I say I LOVE music??? I tell myself "Don't Think, Just Breathe". My license plate holder even says that. It keeps me sane and listening to music in my Tesla is now a huge part of that!