Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in buitenland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still in the free trial, one month free, premium connectivity. Yesterday drove first time outside NL, to Germany, for a short trip. Few minutes after reentered NL, I noticed a navigation screen refresh, something like the the satellite images just showed up. I was not really careful if the satellite maps were shown in DE. I had them always on, I think when exiting NL they were on screen but did not showed after car was parked few hours in DE.

The question is if LTE roaming and Premium Connectivity (traffic and satellite maps) work in al EU countries or only in Netherlands?

I am still in the free trial, one month free, premium connectivity. Yesterday drove first time outside NL, to Germany, for a short trip. Few minutes after reentered NL, I noticed a navigation screen refresh, something like the the satellite images just showed up. I was not really careful if the satellite maps were shown in DE. I had them always on, I think when exiting NL they were on screen but did not showed after car was parked few hours in DE.

The question is if LTE roaming and Premium Connectivity (traffic and satellite maps) work in al EU countries or only in Netherlands?
IMHO they should work everywhere.

It takes several minutes. Unfortunately, it doesn't buffer enough. Very annoying when navigating to a place just across the border or when approaching an exit complex just after the border, those few minutes seem like an eternity. Surely if you have the navigation set up they should be able to buffer about 20 km, even if it's just the route with a 250m map along each side. would be much less stressful then.