Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Lost - Replaced Modem and still not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, so as the title states. I have lost my premium connectivity/LTE reception.
I do NOT get an alert on the screen. I simple have no bars when I’m in the car driving around.

I have replaced the LTE modem myself with a brand new OEM part from Tesla and that did not fix anything. I’ve gone into service mode and see this on the screen. Anybody have an experience with this? And a possible solution? I’m beginning to get frustrated with this.

TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_2527.jpeg
    IMG_2527.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2526.jpeg
    IMG_2526.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 66
Looks like your modem needs new firmware. The messages indicate that the car is communicating with the modem and has retrieved version information. But, it does not like the version number. Either your modem is not the correct part (unlikely since you got it from Tesla) or it has been sitting on the shelf and needs an update.

Perhaps if you performed a 'reinstall software' for the car your modem will get reprogrammed with the latest software? That's probably what I would try.

Looks like your modem needs new firmware. The messages indicate that the car is communicating with the modem and has retrieved version information. But, it does not like the version number. Either your modem is not the correct part (unlikely since you got it from Tesla) or it has been sitting on the shelf and needs an update.

Perhaps if you performed a 'reinstall software' for the car your modem will get reprogrammed with the latest software? That's probably what I would try.

Yeah I’m actually going to try that tonight. I had not done so because I recently updated the car. But it was prior to installing the new modem.

I did software reinstall with no luck.
Well, at this point, if it were my car I would open a service ticket with Tesla to look into the problem. Assuming that the current issue is the modem software, they may be able to remedy it remotely. And, of course, you still don't know whether the modem was the root cause of the original issue.

Assuming you got the correct modem and that Tesla sold you one with outdated software, they should update it for you.

Just to update this thread for those who may encounter the same issue. Apparently Tesla sold me the wrong modem with an IMEI that was correspondent to Model S with AP 2.5. So even though the modem fit perfectly and looked identical, it would not pair with my car.

Since it was the service centers mistake they went ahead and replaced it entirely for free. I was only out $130 for purchasing the modem.