Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I'm having trouble with the satellite imagery on my Tesla navigation system. This happened on both my recent 2020 Model Y Long Range AWD and my brand new 2024 Model Y Long Range AWD (delivered just 48 hours ago).

The satellite imagery, which is part of premium connectivity, just stopped working on the 2020 right before I traded it in. Now, the 2024 doesn't have it either. I've tried resetting the system multiple times, but it still says everything is up to date.

Tesla support thinks it might be a glitch in the navigation software caused by a recent update. They tried refreshing the connection remotely ("handshook" as they called it), but it didn't work.

Here's the thing: it seems strange that both cars, delivered so close together, would have the same issue. Plus, a system-wide outage in Phoenix seems unlikely.

Has anyone else experienced this recently, especially in the Phoenix area? I'd love to hear if there's a way to fix it without having to take the car to a service center like the CSR suggested.

Thanks!

Well, I feel pretty stupid. A service text messaged me and did full diagnostics remotely and confirmed everything was working. He asked me to take a picture of what I was experiencing so I sent him a picture of the display screen showing the generic map and not the satellite map I should be viewing. He replied and said to press anywhere on the map and a little icon bar would pop up (I had no idea about this) and to click the "globe" icon. It immediately properly brought up the satellite view. Problem SOLVED!

• Funny
Reactions: AttoPro
Owners manual is your friend

Attachments

• IMG_1003.png
    IMG_1003.png
    670.2 KB · Views: 2
Owners manual is your friend
Indeed. When I activated the premium initially on my 2020 the screen just defaulted to the satellite so I assumed it was a glitch when it wasn't enabled on the 2024. Also, you'd think the Tesla CSRs are a human version of the owner's manual and yet they never even hinted at checking that option which is pretty ridiculous. Anyways, the problem is fixed and I'm good to go lol