Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is subscribed to $9…well $10 internet plan for their tesla? If so, is it worth it. Are there any benefits to it. Probably drive 100-200 miles a week. Is there any benefits to it on top of having a phone in the car for hotspot, streaming music while driving or using google maps, and other apps on the phone.

I do and I use it quite a bit. Sometimes when I get a bit early to places just want to watch something in the Tesla Theater or just have Spotify automatically start up without having to mess with the phone. Since I haven't tried running traffic without it, i guess I don't know what I would be missing, but for me the visualizations are worth it. I drive a little bit more than you i guess every week.

edit: oh, and I pay yearly which i think is a little cheaper.

This topic has had a lot of recent activity. I have it and really like it.

Would you be able to get all the benefits of premium connectivity with a hotspot? The benefit of having a hotspot plan is my son would be able to connect his ipad to it as well.
Not all features available without premium connectivity. For example traffic overlay and being able to see the cameras through the app.

Hotapot will work but will be an extra hassle and it will not give you those features. Will let you watch video in the theater app. The only time it's worth it is like was said you have bad service from ATT in your area. Otherwise get the annual sub and it works out to less than $9 a month. Totally worth it.

Quick note to Woggon, in post #19....

The premium connectivity subscription, if purchased with an annual subscription, remains until the current year expires, if the subscriber cancels it. All cancelling does, I believe, is stop the automatic payment for future years. Same thing if it's monthly but only for that period. So if the previous owner bought it and then cancelled it, lucky you. You got the residual benefit of him not reading enough about it.