Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prepping for the Apocalypse: Model Y - Storage Space

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
It's much bigger than we expected:

IMG_0841.jpeg

I will need to adapt to not having a cargo net to help secure things in back. Lack of one is fine when you’re buying the whole store (like in the photo) :) , but when you only have that gallon jug, I use my cargo net to keep it from tipping over and rolling around.

I’m thinking I’ll need to use the storage well compartment. But even that doesn’t have a hook or something to secure a loose item.

Looks like the dual side pockets will be perfect for a single bag or a gallon jug.

True — looks like it’s just the right size for a shopping bag or two without giving them room to tip over.

I learned my lesson years ago. Secure your take out soup orders as cleaning it out the back of the car after it was rolling around on the ride home is not fun. And your car will smell like soup for a really long time.

I will need to adapt to not having a cargo net to help secure things in back. Lack of one is fine when you’re buying the whole store (like in the photo) :) , but when you only have that gallon jug, I use my cargo net to keep it from tipping over and rolling around.

I’m thinking I’ll need to use the storage well compartment. But even that doesn’t have a hook or something to secure a loose item.

Might be able to fit a gallon of milk on either side. They make storage bins I know for the storage compartments, that would work too. Personally not a big deal for me, never had a tie down on any cars/suv's I have owned and have survived many trips for my family of 4.