Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Presale Discounts Model Y - PPF, Ceramic Coatings, Real Carbon Fiber, Tint, Powder Coating...More

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not a potential customer because I'm on the wrong coast, but would you be willing to discuss pricing just so that I have some idea of what's out there? I'm particularly interested in the difference in price among the various options for how much of the car gets covered, as opposed to the price itself.

Doug, I'm in the same boat as Electric Steve, I would love to have that info also! Got a Model Y coming and I have to protect it from Bird droppings! Thx
Doug was very helpful. For what it's worth, from what I've read, it looks like ceramic coating would handle bird droppings just fine, and for a lot less money. The plastic film is more for light damage, from scratches to small stones. (I plan to get ceramic coating over the film, and it's going to beggar me.)

Doug was very helpful. For what it's worth, from what I've read, it looks like ceramic coating would handle bird droppings just fine, and for a lot less money. The plastic film is more for light damage, from scratches to small stones. (I plan to get ceramic coating over the film, and it's going to beggar me.)

Thank you! Happy to help.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Steve
I live on a dirt road, the front of my cars and the areas behind the wheel get pretty messed up. Add that to the bird droppings from the car port and I'm leaning heavily on the wrap. And I want to get the covering on before any damage is done, that's why I'd probably take it directly to the wrap people. Just gotta find one.
I agree, Doug has been helpful, thanks Doug.

I live on a dirt road, the front of my cars and the areas behind the wheel get pretty messed up. Add that to the bird droppings from the car port and I'm leaning heavily on the wrap. And I want to get the covering on before any damage is done, that's why I'd probably take it directly to the wrap people. Just gotta find one.

From what I've researched, getting the car wrapped sooner will save money because a lot of the work is in getting everything fixed up and spotless before the wrap goes on. Given Tesla's mediocre track record when it comes to some of the finishing details, there's probably going to have to be some work done even if it comes straight from the dealer.

From what I've researched, getting the car wrapped sooner will save money because a lot of the work is in getting everything fixed up and spotless before the wrap goes on. Given Tesla's mediocre track record when it comes to some of the finishing details, there's probably going to have to be some work done even if it comes straight from the dealer.

Yes, but very little usually. A one step paint correction to remove swirls caused by washing a the factory and distribution centers.

Yes, but very little usually. A one step paint correction to remove swirls caused by washing a the factory and distribution centers.
I've seen some YouTube videos of early Tesla 3's that left me concerned about defects like unpainted areas and dirt trapped beneath the clear coat, but later Model 3's don't suffer nearly as much, and I've read that the Y will start out at Model 3 quality. In any case, you have more experience with this than I do, so I'll gladly take your word for it. I'd be thrilled if the paint correction was minor.

Hopefully, my car will arrive soon and I'll find out. :)

Yes it is true, Model 3s were pretty dicey coming out of the gates. But way, way, better in the last year, not to say there aren't a few defects here and there. I hoping they are better with the Model Ys out of the gates.

Try to relax about defects, all auto manufacturers have have them. It was that Model3s were so bad to start that everyone hung the paint defect thing on them.

• Helpful
Yes it is true, Model 3s were pretty dicey coming out of the gates. But way, way, better in the last year, not to say there aren't a few defects here and there. I hoping they are better with the Model Ys out of the gates.

Try to relax about defects, all auto manufacturers have have them. It was that Model3s were so bad to start that everyone hung the paint defect thing on them.
Ok, I'll save my panic for after I see the thing. This way, I have something specific to be enraged about, not this generalized anxiety.

I'm going to have to pick it up about an hour's drive away (because CT won't let non-dealerships sell) so I'm looking very forward to breaking it in on the way home. I'll try it out for a few days. Then I'll bring it by the detailer to talk wraps and coatings.

If nothing else, this will give me time to decide if I want to tint any of the glass.

You're welcome, happy to help.