Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price floor? '12 ebay salvage - 52K miles - $35K with 19 bids - 7 days to go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's interesting to compare market pricing on these as they get older vs. other luxury sedans in the same price range.

Currently the cheapest S on ebay is a 2012 P85 with 52,000 miles and a salvage title. The auction still has over a week to go and it has 19 bids already with a current price of over $35,000. Remember - this is 5 years old, the most unreliable year, worst build quality of the fleet, no more bumper-to-bumper warranty, no autopilot - and the darn thing has been crashed. The listing takes pains to distinguish between a "rebuilt title prior salvage" and a "salvage title" - in the minds of most buyers I imagine they are the same thing.

2012 Tesla Model S P85

In comparison a 2012 BMW 750 AWD with a salvage title and similar miles - 50,000 - is almost to the end of its auction - only 4 hours to go - has 37 bids and has found a market price right above $18,000.

So as of right now the market is valuing this Tesla at least double that of the BMW. The difference is quite dramatic.

2012 BMW 7-Series Base Sedan 4-Door

I've seen a couple of high mileage clean title early model 60s go through auction for $29k. Since the free super charging ended prices have seemed to creep up (plus tax season). I ball park the floor at $30k but I guess the market says I'm wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: mmd
Its probably all about how much the battery is worth. The 2012 BMW doesnt have a giant expensive battery that could be sold for a good chunk of cash or even repourposed into someones home storage solution.

In comparison a 2012 BMW 750 AWD with a salvage title and similar miles - 50,000 - is almost to the end of its auction - only 4 hours to go - has 37 bids and has found a market price right above $18,000

• Informative
Reactions: calisnow