Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price FSD Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model S 2017 Dec. delivery now can buy FSD for $2600!
modelS_fsd.JPG

So has everyone pulled the trigger on Autopilot who didn't have it before?

I really don't know what I'm waiting for. The price seems fair, and I loved my AP trial with V8.
I think, weirdly, it all seems too good to be true.

Perhaps concern about prices going up in the future - will convince me to pull the trigger (due to rising exchange rates or Tesla pricing volatility)

Reactions: pmich80
I really don't know what I'm waiting for. The price seems fair, and I loved my AP trial with V8.
I think, weirdly, it all seems too good to be true.

Perhaps concern about prices going up in the future - will convince me to pull the trigger (due to rising exchange rates or Tesla pricing volatility)
I was going to upgrade anyways as a reward to myself. The price drop just moves up the timeline. Does anyone know when we actually see FSD features and how do we know it is added to the car? Obviously AP activates and you can try it. FSD someone mentioned is added by "omission from the website options" (it disappears as an option so you know you bought it). Seems a bit passive so if there's any other confirmation that would be good.

I was going to upgrade anyways as a reward to myself. The price drop just moves up the timeline. Does anyone know when we actually see FSD features and how do we know it is added to the car? Obviously AP activates and you can try it. FSD someone mentioned is added by "omission from the website options" (it disappears as an option so you know you bought it). Seems a bit passive so if there's any other confirmation that would be good.

When the car doesn't plow through a stop sign :p. Honestly don't know, suppose to require HW3, so the notification to take the car in and get the upgrade!

I am initiating my complaints to government agencies to investigate Tesla on these two areas.
* Bait and switch - You pay for a feature that never is fully functional - EAP components like Auto-steering are still in BETA. You pay for a product that never fully works.
* Misleading Advertising and labeling - Tesla encourages you to pay for a feature now, because if you want it later it costs much higher. However this we know it is not true.

Money back claim for EAP - I have initiated a money back claim for EAP with Tesla, as I seriously doubt it is worth the cost for the 5 years I keep this car. I called Tesla yesterday and put in my request for a money back. They said there is a cooling of period of 30 days beyond which they cannot entertain refund. I argued that, the package they sold (in canada its $6,600) is still in BETA and I have refrained from using it. Tesla only has a point if the cooling off period was for a fully functional product(GA general availability). Lets see where this goes.

I have already lodged a complaint with OMVIC

I am initiating my complaints to government agencies to investigate Tesla on these two areas.
* Bait and switch - You pay for a feature that never is fully functional - EAP components like Auto-steering are still in BETA. You pay for a product that never fully works.
* Misleading Advertising and labeling - Tesla encourages you to pay for a feature now, because if you want it later it costs much higher. However this we know it is not true.

Money back claim for EAP - I have initiated a money back claim for EAP with Tesla, as I seriously doubt it is worth the cost for the 5 years I keep this car. I called Tesla yesterday and put in my request for a money back. They said there is a cooling of period of 30 days beyond which they cannot entertain refund. I argued that, the package they sold (in canada its $6,600) is still in BETA and I have refrained from using it. Tesla only has a point if the cooling off period was for a fully functional product(GA general availability). Lets see where this goes.

I have already lodged a complaint with OMVIC

Tesla never officially announced when it was to be available. Even if it was ready, they will only be allowed to release this software when the government approves it to be deemed safe. It was written right in the fine print. Understandably how someone could be mad though. Not exactly the most professional roll-out... LOL

Last edited: