Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car being written off... FSD transfer possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just learned that my 2019 Model 3 is "not economical to repair". I'm outside of the replacement cost coverage period, so I'll be getting actual cash value, which I'm curious to see how they'll do that with so few FSD vehicles for sale in the area (none, actually. I found one a couple thousand km away with triple my mileage).

Anyway, I was wondering if there's any hope at all that I can get FSD transferred to a new Tesla without having to pay the ridiculous price for it.

If not, I'll likely look at other options. The Nissan whateveritscalled (can't be that great of a name, as I can't recall it for the life of me) seems interesting. So does the Caddy Lyriq.

I used to say that supercharging was the single biggest advantage of a Tesla, but the reality for me is that I rarely ever us it. Since 2019 I've used a supercharger under 10 times. But I used FSD every single day. Still, I'm not paying $16k for it. If I can't have that, then I'm not sure paying a premium for a Tesla makes sense.

The gamechanger would be if the Cybertruck comes out any time in the near future and the pricing looks anything like what was announced, because I did put my reservation down like 6 seconds after launch and "locked in" the lower FSD price on it.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Tesla ran a promo last Q for FSD transfer if you were getting a new vehicle.

Nevertheless, the program is no longer in place. So I'm not sure if it's still something they are able to do.

You could try calling your local Tesla and see what they say, but unfortunately, the timing is not great.

There is no hope, except trying to get fair market value for it out of insurance.

FSD transfer to new car purchase was last quarter.

FUSC transfer to new car purchase is this quarter.

No telling what might be offered next quarter.

There is no hope, except trying to get fair market value for it out of insurance.

FSD transfer to new car purchase was last quarter.

FUSC transfer to new car purchase is this quarter.

No telling what might be offered next quarter.
We want some hope, has anybody tried swapping over the computers, say for instance if my car was totaled, could I find another used one of the same vintage, swap over the computers/ecu, but it in service mode, force and update, and carry on as if it was the same car.