Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price of used Model 3s is amazing right now! [Summer 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Sold my 2019 SR+ to Carvana for 38,800. Good enough for me. Only problem is I'm paying more than a 10k difference for the LR because of taxes. Still worth it in my mind! We go up north a lot on a 2.5 hour drive and would always have to stop and charge which got annoying.

Same here. Sold my 2019 SR+ to Carvana for 38,800. Good enough for me. Only problem is I'm paying more than a 10k difference for the LR because of taxes. Still worth it in my mind! We go up north a lot on a 2.5 hour drive and would always have to stop and charge which got annoying.
That’s my thinking here, just sucks to have put more money down a year after I put money down lol. We don’t road trip in my current SR+ because we can’t, I think we will be able to make it to Sedona in the LR AWD and that will be so nice for day trips!!

Just be sure you have some wiggle room on that "couple of months" without a car. I just sold my ICE car for top dollar anticipating that the mid-June EDD was accurate for my 4/7 order of a zero optioned model 3 long range. Now my EDD has jumped back one month to July 5-25 in the past few days so we're looking at a 3.5 month delay (and likely still increasing) for deliveries in Oregon. If they keep stripping key features and raising prices, or if the 2% interest rate environment goes away, those delays may decrease but I doubt it.
Get your car yet?

Just sold my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD to Autonation. 37k miles, no EAP or FSD. Got $40k for it (Originally $51k sticker, but qualified for the $7500 tax credit).

2021 LR AWD now on order. Will buy the acceleration boost once I have it.

I have a 2018 Mid Range with 26k miles. Only place I tried was Carvana but I was only offered $36k WITH FSD. Really disappointed, even though I love my car I would have liked to go AWD for winter here, maybe even P.

Caravana offered me $38,971 for my 2019 SR+ with EAP and 13k miles. Surprisingly the offer is valid for 1 month (until August 16th), most I have seen are for 7 days so not sure what happened there. I already have a 2021 SR+ in order :) Vroom offered 38k, that offered expired, I request an update but have yet to receive one from them. Tesla offered 34K.

What...

1627251100417.png

And from Tesla...

1627251147429.png

What do you guys with FSD add to private sale price when pricing the premium for it? It’s kinda weird. Like I paid 7k for it, it costs 10k now. It doesn’t depreciate like a used car or a tangible part with miles on it like a tire or something because it’s software. Does it make sense to just add 10k for a car with FSD vs without in a private sale?

What do you guys with FSD add to private sale price when pricing the premium for it? It’s kinda weird. Like I paid 7k for it, it costs 10k now. It doesn’t depreciate like a used car or a tangible part with miles on it like a tire or something because it’s software. Does it make sense to just add 10k for a car with FSD vs without in a private sale?
Need to find a buyer who wants FSD. Dealers usually won't give you much for it.