Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price of used Model 3s is amazing right now! [Summer 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I was checking to see a value in case tax rebates get passed. Have an order in for LR Y but holding for tax rebates While keeping price locked in. Hopefully it’ll be Jan 1 and I can release my hold in December and get in line but not too early.

It would be interesting to see how they value the MY SR.
It is insane how much the Model Y LR has gone up. With taxes and if you want a different paint and wheels, it is 60k now. Maybe this why they pulled the plug on the 39,990 SR MY.

I also tried getting a quote from Carmax, they said that the car was “rare” and I should bring it in. Again, no desire in selling it. It is just curiosity.

I've got an offer from Carvana for $38.5k locked in for another week or so on my 2019 SR+. That's up several thousand from a few months ago. Pretty crazy, but if I was to sell I'd go to an MY LR and I'm not convinced it's worth the cost to do that when I'm still happy with the M3 SR+.

1623511703240.jpeg

This car was as cheap as you could buy when new, $39,000 since it has no options. Adding $10k for current FSD gets you to $49k, which is what they are asking for a car with 6900 miles on it that HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY REPAIRED! That is ridiculous.

I’m getting offered $37,000 from carmax for my 2018 LR RWD model 3. I have FSD and premium connectivity. 62,250 miles. Some small paint chips in the front, a scratch on a side, and some scuffs on a bumper. Been in two minor accidents (has bumpers replaced). Tires are good and everything else is good except I need a new MCU because no interior sounds work (chimes, radio, beeps, games, no sounds work). Will cost me $2000 for a new CPU. Given this, I think the $37,000 is pretty good, any thoughts?

a couple of places have guaranteed me they will beat carmax offer by $500.

I’m getting offered $37,000 from carmax for my 2018 LR RWD model 3. I have FSD and premium connectivity. 62,250 miles. Some small paint chips in the front, a scratch on a side, and some scuffs on a bumper. Been in two minor accidents (has bumpers replaced). Tires are good and everything else is good except I need a new MCU because no interior sounds work (chimes, radio, beeps, games, no sounds work). Will cost me $2000 for a new CPU. Given this, I think the $37,000 is pretty good, any thoughts?

a couple of places have guaranteed me they will beat carmax offer by $500.

Sounds great considering I would never buy it with that history. But that's just me.

Reactions: fiveten
48,000 for my 2020 Model 3 LR. I paid 50,000 for it exactly a year ago. 9700 miles on it. I feel that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The chip shortage, and overall lack of used Teslas is contributing to this this phenomenon. I have a friend who is the largest Toyota/Lexus distributor in the country. I asked him if was going to retire, he said no way, not now. He wants to be there as this is happening.

Sold my ‘20 Model 3 SR+ (Blue, Black, Aero) to VROOM in Houston, TX for $38,500. 94% of MSRP - crazy!!

Loving my new ‘21 Model 3 Performance. Got blue again, but with white interior this time and mine has the new front door trim that carries around the white and silver trim from the dash. Looks great and the door cards are grey Alcántara vs the white vinyl on previous. No gloss black anywhere.

Not worried about no radar or no passenger lumbar. But be aware, those are a reality. Autopilot/autosteer works fine, but caps out at 75 on the highway & +5 mph Speed limit on city streets. Also, closest following distance with camera’s is currently 3.

Reactions: itsel3ctric
I bought my used 2019 with 3/21 original sell date Model 3 with 21,000 on it that is Grey, 19 inch wheels, white interior. it had FSD and acceleration boost activated on March 6th this year. I paid 43,800. I felt I got a steel of a deal. included the extra 1 year extended warranty to 3/24 or 60,000 miles from Tesla.

Im soooooo glad I got it then because I've noticed these used car prices now where the same car and features is pricing 10,000 more. Crazy.

I love my car and its been great, no issues at all was great transaction and everything. I thought of maybe selling and using to by new, but then I"d be out a car few months and is it really worth all the hassle. I'm probably going to just keep it but with these high resale prices. it did cross my mind.

2020 SR+ Red with White seats and 19 inch wheels(Hence the username) with 3,500 miles and I was offered 37k. A bit lower than what others have considering the low miles I have.View attachment 672858
Submit it again and see if there is a place where you tell them what you want for the car. Pretty sure how that is the way I submitted mine. Told them what I wanted, and that's what they came back with in the offer. Good luck!

Reactions: RedWhite19
Submit it again and see if there is a place where you tell them what you want for the car. Pretty sure how that is the way I submitted mine. Told them what I wanted, and that's what they came back with in the offer. Good luck!
I appreciate the feedback but right now I don’t plan on selling it. I got a late 2020, which still had the rims This was more out of curiosity. If they offered me something ridiculous, like what I paid for it with taxes and whatnot then I may consider it but even then, I probably wouldn’t since I’m a third paying it off. But it is an amazing time right now.

Reactions: JohnNick72
I did a quote from Carvana last week and was offered just over $38,500 for my 2020 SR+ with under 8000 miles on it. I'm waiting until closer to my delivery date for my LR AWD, but I'm going to take advantage of this and go with just my wife's vehicle for a month or so to take advantage of this. Hopefully things don't change too much in the next month or two.

One of my friends who is a car salesman at Lexus was telling me the other day that he’s out of used cars for quite some time and that dealerships, carmax, carvana, etc are overpaying for used cars right now. So just for the heck of it, i compared with a few vendors and received offers of $40-$45k. That is, until I stopped by my local carmax to get my car appraised and I was quite surprised they offered $48,000 for my 2019 White M3P- with 19’s and no FSD, which puts it a little over $4k depreciation and 23k miles on the ODO. Have any of you guys took advantage of the market to upgrade to another car? If so, how much did you get for your car and what did you upgrade to?

Reactions: JohnNick72
Considering it, too. I’ve had my car for 8 months and put almost 10k miles on it, yet Vroom is offering me almost the same amount I paid for it. Looking at a used Model S to replace it, but hesitant to pull the trigger as I have reservations on a few EV trucks that I also have my heart set on.