Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price to sell used Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed how TEG and others like to post listings for Roadsters for sale. So love to get a little expert advice here:

I know this is sacrilege, and I'm going to miss it terribly, but my Roadster is on that lease program where I can turn it in when I get my S. I hemmed and hawed about whether to buy out the lease and keep it but the fact is we really don't have room for an extra car at my house, and I have to do so much driving for work that the S just makes more sense. (World's smallest violin playing in background right?)

SO, I'm thinking I may be able to get more for the Roadster by selling it and buying out the lease rather than just turning it in. Curious what people think is a market price. Here's it's specs:
Roadster Sport 2.0 midnight blue, executive grey leather, carbon fiber interior, black wheels, electronics group.
In perfect shape, especially since it has 25,500 miles. The original price was $148,850 plus I'd toss in the HPC ($1950) and J1772 adapter ($750) for a total of $151,550.

Thoughts? I'm also thinking that there seem to be quite a few for sale, and this is the highest end of the model so not sure if I can get a good price for it or not these days.

Last edited:
I've noticed how TEG and others like to post listings for Roadsters for sale. So love to get a little expert advice here:

I know this is sacrilege, and I'm going to miss it terribly, but my Roadster is on that lease program where I can turn it in when I get my S. I hemmed and hawed about whether to buy out the lease and keep it but the fact is we really don't have room for an extra car at my house, and I have to do so much driving for work that the S just makes more sense. (World's smallest violin playing in background right?)

SO, I'm thinking I may be able to get more for the Roadster by selling it and buying out the lease rather than just turning it. Curious what people think is a market price. Here's it's specs:
Roadster Sport 2.0 midnight blue, executive grey leather, carbon fiber interior, black wheels, electronics group.
In perfect shape, especially since it has 25,500 miles. The original price was $148,850 plus I'd toss in the HPC ($1950) and J1772 adapter ($750) for a total of $151,550.

Thoughts? I'm also thinking that there seem to be quite a few for sale, and this is the highest end of the model so not sure if I can get a good price for it or not these days.

Do you have a UMC? I wanna buy it if you do!

I think many are predicting a bunch of Roadsters will start showing up in the used market soon as other Roadster owners get their Model S and decide not to keep both.

Just an observation, but lately it seems like most used Roadsters on eBay and such are ending up under $100K regardless of options.

This 2.0 Sport with 7K miles has been sitting on eBay for a while with a $94,888 buy-it now available:
Tesla Tesla | eBay

Do you have a UMC? I wanna buy it if you do!

Happy to sell it to you. But you'd have to wait until either:
a) ~August when I get my S, or
b) If I sell the Roadster sooner I could sell you the UMC

I'm going to hold off selling the HPC until after I get the S so I can swap the two HPCs in one electrician visit. I also need the UMC and J1772 until I either sell or turn in the Roadster so I can charge it at my employer's two SoCal offices.

Last edited:
This 2.0 Sport with 7K miles has been sitting on eBay for a while with a $94,888 buy-it now available:
Tesla Tesla | eBay

Yea, which means I'll probably end up turning it in. Mine has carbon fiber and leather which that one doesn't, but of course I have more miles. I may pull the stuff together to put it up somewhere just on the chance someone will fancy it. Is eBay the best place to do it? (Besides this thread itself of course.)

Teg had a good formula for used roadsters. Perhaps he could update that for all of us with current prices.

I don't like to speculate on prices too much. If you had the exact color/options someone wanted you could get lucky. Also factors such as model S deliveries and lack of new roadsters for sale could push the price in different directions.

I don't like to speculate on prices too much. If you had the exact color/options someone wanted you could get lucky. Also factors such as model S deliveries and lack of new roadsters for sale could push the price in different directions.

tesla will be coming out with a certified used roadster program. will be interesting to see what that does to the pp market.

smoothoperator: yes, that's probably where mine will end up.

All re the HPC: I've gotten a few inquires on this. But I've decided to hold off on selling the HPC until after I get the S so I can have an electrician make one visit to swap it for the S HPC 2. Plus, I'm still using it. Then again, maybe I'll just keep it in so some of you will keep visiting me and I can keep experiencing a little bit of Roadster in my life!

You can also convert it to J1772, and possibly the new connector if Tesla will sell you one, and use it to charge your Model S. There is only 10 amps difference! You can see my pictorial previously posted on how to convert it, or add another connector. I would keep it and then see if you need an HPC2

You can also convert it to J1772, and possibly the new connector if Tesla will sell you one, and use it to charge your Model S. There is only 10 amps difference! You can see my pictorial previously posted on how to convert it, or add another connector. I would keep it and then see if you need an HPC2

Thanks Lloyd. Yep, I'm going to wait and see on the HPC.

I still haven't gotten time to setup the car on eBay (any other suggestions?). I'm thinking I'll list it for $99k and see if I get any takers. If not, I'll just turn it in. If anyone reading this is interested in a fully loaded Roadster, please send me a PM.

For those that have asked, I'm going to hold off on selling the HPC. Tesla tells me there may be an adapter available. Or I may put a J1772 cord on it and find a good spot for it.