Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices just Dropped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I am still under the 7 day return period. So that’s the control I still have
Are you willing to go through all of what’s involved in returning the car or are you trying to use the idea of returning it as leverage in getting a refund? If you go through the return process it may take some time to get your refund back and then more time to order another replacement once that is done.

As a new Telsa owner I am starting to recognize the pattern. o_O My guess is that the price drop is purely a typical move to grab the next round of buyers that are on the fence and try to keep that sales volume going. They just come off a record quarter of 96,000 vehicles sold at the end of one of the tax credit phase out periods and now what? I would imagine they will monitor how orders increase based off these price changes and then adjust pricing accordingly as the quarter continues. What is interesting is that rather than getting a better deal at the end of a quarter or month like a lot of car dealers it appears better to wait until the beginning of a quarter after the rush and sales are slower. Maybe they are trying to even out the orders throughout the quarter instead of the big hockey stick swings at the end of a quarter by lowering prices early. We saw this last quarter as they started removing content from the cars and increased the price $400.

Everyone has a different price they are willing to pay, which is what makes a market. It is easy for me to think that they do not have to drop prices anymore, but that is only because I am buyer already. I am sure there are a lot of other folks where $40k is still out of reach for them. They are satisfied with Toyota Camrys for $25k until other manufactures start cranking out EVs for less than $35k.

The confusing part is that they are dropping the price the most on the M3P, which is really reserved for that performance minded buyer who will probably pay more anyway. I mean the car is compared to a BMW M3 and based on reviews it actually performs better than it on track. There really isn't anything else that competes with it, especially in the $60k range. So, it is silly IMO to drop the price on the highest profit model. Yeah they may grab some AWD buyers as the price delta may be a little less than before but that number will not be overwhelming, mainly just for the performance enthusiasts.

They need to keep working on the lower end of the market where the competition will come in and eat their lunch.

Are you willing to go through all of what’s involved in returning the car or are you trying to use the idea of returning it as leverage in getting a refund? If you go through the return process it may take some time to get your refund back and then more time to order another replacement once that is done.

I would prefer not to but since Tesla offers the 7 days as a satisfaction guarantee, I am not happy if the car I just picked up less than 4 days ago just dropped by $3410. So far they seem to be willing to refund me the difference, but just weird that they won’t send me an email confirming it.

Hi guys, new here. Placed order last week.

With the new price structure, is Destination & doc fee ($1,200) excluded in $38,990 base price? My order status page is now showing that $1,200 is extra on top of $38,990. Prior to the price update, $1,200 was included in the base price of $41,100.

Or, am I going nuts?

I

With the new price structure, is Destination & doc fee ($1,200) excluded in $38,990 base price? My order status page is now showing that $1,200 is extra on top of $38,990. Prior to the price update, $1,200 was included in the base price of $41,100.

Or, am I going nuts?
I believe it was always separate. Mine was on my paperwork from prior to the drop.

Or, am I going nuts?

Destination fee was always separate and not shown in the advertised price until you get to the last step and expand the price details.

Tempted to get a M3 to hold me over till the Y is available. I can only imagine how much the M3 value would plummet if I pulled this move. Think I need to be prudent and wait for the Y. Sooooo very tempted by the M3.

There are VERY VERY VERY few cars that one could buy, and plan on selling in 1-2 years and NOT lose a bunch of money... unless you are talking tacoma trucks, or something like certain collectable cars like certain porsches'

Reactions: brkaus
Tempted to get a M3 to hold me over till the Y is available. I can only imagine how much the M3 value would plummet if I pulled this move. Think I need to be prudent and wait for the Y. Sooooo very tempted by the M3.

But think also about all of the fun you will miss - more than a year's worth! I have a saying, it goes like this... "You can always make (or save) more money, but you can't make more time..." "Life is not a dress rehearsal…."

Or, am I going nuts?

Destination and doc fee has always been separate and added at last step of order form. SR+ was previously $39.9 and is now $38,990 with $910 drop in price. $1200 will be on top of that price.

Based on the rate Tesla keeps dropping the prices each quarter the Model Y should be down to $35k when you take delivery. ;) Do you really need the little extra space? Supposedly it is only like 15% larger but otherwise a Model 3.

Maybe the M3P with 18" wheels/tires would be the perfect all around car for me. Typically lI like the smaller SUV type (evoque, X3, etc) but currently in an AMG GLA 45 which is OK so far.
Definitely need AWD for the Philly weather and as much range as possible for my ever changing commute.

Status
Not open for further replies.