Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proactive Emergency Alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SoCal Buzz

Early Adopter
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2018
OC, Calif.
I’ve never seen an alert like this before from Tesla. Very cool that they can push messages and important updates; not sure that any other car manufacturer can do that.
3BC2EF27-04B0-43F9-A9D0-F4270EBAD902.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: aerodyne and rsg123
That’s great. Too bad our cars can’t act like huge Powerwalls to help with the situation. I would be glad to overcharge in the morning and plug my car in when I get home to ease the power strain.
Tesla will eventually get this done imo.
Perhaps right now the industry is too battery constrained to open up the cycling potential of V2G. But as batteries become more numerous, efficient, and have less degradation, I think we’ll see it

Tesla will eventually get this done imo.
Perhaps right now the industry is too battery constrained to open up the cycling potential of V2G. But as batteries become more numerous, efficient, and have less degradation, I think we’ll see it

I agree that Tesla will be out in front on this. It's the utilities that are going to be super slow to catch on.

Reactions: BlindPass
I agree that Tesla will be out in front on this. It's the utilities that are going to be super slow to catch on.
Agree. I think you could see something similar to solar, where innovative, nimble utilities embrace it, using storage spread throughout their service area to their advantage. Others may see an existential threat with Tesla virtual power plants and blockchain. The ones that invested too much in old technology will want to keep prices high.