Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem viewing Camera from Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Friends - Was able to view my cameras on my Model 3 once. Ever since, it has never let me, and only given me the following option, despite my enabling/disabling sentry mode within my car itself and toggling view camera via mobile device to "on". Any suggestions would be appreciated? x

1681485429463.png

I had access 4 days ago. My premium access expired 3 days ago and I renewed it the same day. I have premium access again, yes thanks buddy but still havent been able to view since???

Have you rebooted your phone completely, and also rebooted the car, after you re subscribed to premium connectivity? This feature requires premium connectivity so perhaps (like many IT systems) it has to refresh your permissions, and rebooting is one way to try to do that.

Have you rebooted your phone completely, and also rebooted the car, after you re subscribed to premium connectivity? This feature requires premium connectivity so perhaps (like many IT systems) it has to refresh your permissions, and rebooting is one way to try to do that.
Cheers!! I've just tried both.... Even removed the app and re-added it. Really got me flummoxed this one. 😬

I had access 4 days ago. My premium access expired 3 days ago and I renewed it the same day. I have premium access again, yes thanks buddy but still havent been able to view since???
I have done this a few times. When premium connectivity expires, you have to re-enable the remote viewing function in the Teslas settings. So you likely need to go into the cars settings and turn that back on.

EDIT: to be clear, you need to turn the setting back on when you resubscribe to premium connectivity.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and jjrandorin
I have done this a few times. When premium connectivity expires, you have to re-enable the remote viewing function in the Teslas settings. So you likely need to go into the cars settings and turn that back on.

EDIT: to be clear, you need to turn the setting back on when you resubscribe to premium connectivity.

Thats really good information, I will try to remember that to help others who ask. I subscribe to premium connectivity yearly and have never let it lapse so I dont know what that workflow looks like, myself.

Thanks very much for sharing that 👍

Reactions: Originalando