Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with my wall connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Wall connector was installed correctly(i think:tongue:)
I have used test mode(GREEN LIGHT) and green light was shown on my wall connector when i switch it into 20v mode,
while I plug it to my tesla, my tesla shown that no electricity was detected and cannot be charged(my tesla turned RED but my wall connector still in green light)
It really made me confuse=(
PLZ help

Sorry for my poor English :redface:

The green light on the charge cable means you have proper polarity and ground. Make sure that you have FULLY pushed the charge cable in. When I first got mine, I had the same issue. I did not push hard enough. I have also gotten an orange light when it is almost, but completely seated. It takes a good push (not huge, but a good solid push) to make a connection that the Tesla will accept. You will hear a loud "click" when it is properly seated and locked in. Though I believe I heard that even when I got the orange light. You will become accustomed to it after one try. Also make sure that the port and the plug are very clean. If they are new, they should be.

And your English is MUCH better than my Chinese, which is none!:tongue:

My Wall connector was installed correctly(i think:tongue:)
I have used test mode(GREEN LIGHT) and green light was shown on my wall connector when i switch it into 20v mode,
while I plug it to my tesla, my tesla shown that no electricity was detected and cannot be charged(my tesla turned RED but my wall connector still in green light)
It really made me confuse=(
PLZ help

Sorry for my poor English :redface:

Assuming you've tried Chg-On's suggestion and no luck, I suggest you call the Tesla charge team. They are incredibly helpful for things like this.

If you push hard enough ... you should probably hear a double click/lock sounds and the light next to charging port should keep flashing green !!
and the amp meter at the 17" console will keep rising until reach around 39A

The green light on the charge cable means you have proper polarity and ground. Make sure that you have FULLY pushed the charge cable in. When I first got mine, I had the same issue. I did not push hard enough. I have also gotten an orange light when it is almost, but completely seated. It takes a good push (not huge, but a good solid push) to make a connection that the Tesla will accept. You will hear a loud "click" when it is properly seated and locked in. Though I believe I heard that even when I got the orange light. You will become accustomed to it after one try. Also make sure that the port and the plug are very clean. If they are new, they should be.

And your English is MUCH better than my Chinese, which is none!:tongue:

Thanks buddy!!!!
I got success after clean up my charging port!!!
Thank you so much for you advice=):p:p:p

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming you've tried Chg-On's suggestion and no luck, I suggest you call the Tesla charge team. They are incredibly helpful for things like this.
Thanks buddy, charging in progress=)