Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems getting Jeda USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's getting to be a longtime coming for this Jeda Model Y product. Even though I ordered in early September, queries to Jeda get non-specific automatic responses with no estimated ship date. An honest explanation would go a long way to assuage my concern.

Q1: Inside info on the delay?
Q2: Anyone receive theirs yet?

It's getting to be a longtime coming for this Jeda Model Y product. Even though I ordered in early September, queries to Jeda get non-specific automatic responses with no estimated ship date. An honest explanation would go a long way to assuage my concern.

Q1: Inside info on the delay?
Q2: Anyone receive theirs yet?
They are scam artists. Get a refund while you still can.

When I ran out of patience the first time there was no problem canceling and getting a refund. When they said they were close to being ready to ship I ordered again on September 24. Got an email October 20 that shipments had begun, three weeks late - but only a small number a week because of testing each one and because of COVID. Earlier they said they know they are too slow and it has cost them cancellations. Production slowness was because "the Model Y and new Model 3's have a totally different internal hub/chip, which regulates power very differently" = engineer from scratch. Shipping slowness is a problem they haven't chosen to fix yet. Hope that helps.

Glide - don't bother with another snarky reply. We get your point.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I'll wait to hear from TMC Members who have received their Jeda USB Hub and their satisfaction/experience - as I'll gladly do after I receive and use mine.
As I said, good luck with that. No forum members have received them because they do not exist.

Jeda made a handful to deliver to social media influencers to pump sales. That’s it.

That’s disappointing, it looked like a nice product. I wonder if they are truly having problems or are running a scam? Seems like a lot of work, making prototypes to ship to multiple people if it is just a scam.
The ide of the “chips being different” doesn’t ring true, however.
For ease of manufacturing, it would make sense that Tesla would use the same chipset for the 3 and the Y. Also, USB is a standard, you can’t arbitrarily change the way it delivers power; connecting a small hub to the existing posts is fairly trivial.
I see several similar offerings on Amazon, I wonder if anyone has tried any of them? I want to wait to see what the console looks like in my m3 (on order) before purchasing one of these, in any case.

I bought a M3 charging pad from them last year. Frustratingly slow shipping but it did arrive and worked great. Glide, if you have actual evidence the hubs don't exist, or that this is a scam, it would be helpful to share.

I bought a M3 charging pad from them last year. Frustratingly slow shipping but it did arrive and worked great. Glide, if you have actual evidence the hubs don't exist, or that this is a scam, it would be helpful to share.
The evidence is that no one has them and they have been collecting people’s money for months.

How do you expect to prove a negative?