Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with software 9.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With V9, I am disappointed that I am still losing my Tune-In and streaming favorites, a problem that I have had with earlier versions. My favorite local radio stations, as before, are being retained. Are others having this problem?

I had streaming problems for a couple days last week, then it seemed to clear up. I had it not stream for a couple minutes one day in the last week or so. My windshield wipers are now better than they were before. And, we have had a lot of rain over the last two weeks for testing. My local stations have always worked fine.

I still don't have Internet connectivity or calendar usage, but neither are big concerns at the moment for me.

Oddly enough, I have never had a single time I couldn't enter my car by using my IPhone8. 100% success, though it might take a couple of seconds to open up. Never had an issue that it wouldn't start up without the phone either. My big worry never came to fruition. However, I still think they need the FOB, since others are not having this success (and success now for me, one day might not be there...)

I'm at 2018.39.7, and I see a good chunk of folks starting to move to 2018.40. Maybe some of the fixes will be included in that release.

I’m hoping .40 fixes the HVAC not working intermittently issue.
I almost wish I could go back to v8 until that’s fixed. HVAC is pretty critical to operation of a car when you park outside in freezing temperatures.

My HVAC has always worked until this AM. It has always been hot here so needed the AC. This AM it was about 50 out and I needed heat. Would not turn on. Seat heaters worked but no HVAC. What the what?

My HVAC has always worked until this AM. It has always been hot here so needed the AC. This AM it was about 50 out and I needed heat. Would not turn on. Seat heaters worked but no HVAC. What the what?

I had that problem this morning, as well, only it was 30F this morning. After stopping at the gym, the HVAC worked fine. Seems to be a software issue, although this is the first time I'm seeing it, so not sure what sets it off. :(

Bug 1: Over the weekend I had the car plugged in as set to charge at 12:00. When't camping came home got in the car. Charge screen came up showing the same range as before set to start charging at 12:00am. The car didn't charge all weekend. I tested starting the charge with the start charging button and it worked fine. So I stayed up till midnight tonight to see if it would charge and it did. I have no idea why it didn't charge over the weekend.

Bug 2: Pulled up in front of the house last night. Wanted to show my wife some of the ester eggs. Launched the Atari emulator which cause the emulator screen to freeze. I could hear sounds from the game but nothing would work on the touchscreen. Put the car in drive, but the screen still showed park. However it was still in drive as I started heading toward the gate as soon as I took my foot off the gas. That's pretty bad to have a car show it is in park when it is still in drive. This is when I realized it wasn't just the game area that was frozen. I could also not operate the homelink until I did a reset.

Bug 3: music player skipping when reading from the thumb drive (Maybe due to also having the dash camera?) Also the music player crashes all the time when I get in the car.

I have been driving the car for 4 days and this is all I have to report so far.

Wow!

Bugs galore...... But I'm still sitting at 36.2 with no V9 in sight..... No update since 9/20 for me...
I'm not sure if it's worth the update or not. I'm very nervous about the screen displaying the car in the wrong gear now. Look it's in reverse, nope! *bump the car in front of you*.

Although if this is only possible to happen by using the Atari emulator it would be easy enough to avoid, but I think they should remove the emulator as I find displaying the wrong gear very very bad.

Since updating to V9 my 3 did not lock upon walking away once (has worked normally all other times) and the unlock charging port button in the app fails on first try almost every time.

I also have had two phone as key failures in the 5 days I’ve had V9. I had one in the 2 months of ownership prior to V9.