Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So I got my VIN yesterday and delivery is scheduled for Saturday. I don't know the amount I owe, what I need to sign, etc. Nothing shows up in my account and I'm paying cash, so either cashier's check or ACH. If I'm paying cash, is there nothing to sign prior to, and I will sign everything there at the appointment? And since I don't know the amount how do I do the cashier's check? I'm going to call the store tomorrow as I think the inside delivery advisors work Monday through Thursday?

We are in the same situation. We are paying with a cashiers check. Our isa told us that the purchase agreement with final payment will be generated 72 hours before delivery. That is cutting it pretty close when delivery is at the beginning of the week.

Definitely stressful. I take delivery Sunday and didn’t get purchase agreement until today and credit union will fund tomorrow so I can take the check with me Sunday. I also did blow up my isa’s phone every day. She was awesome though and helped escalate getting the purchase agreement. She was great!

Try delivery in 36 hours and nothing yet...

I'm scheduled for pick up on Saturday as well and was just able to pay earlier today via ACH. The money is still showing available in my account so I doubt it'll be cleared by the time I go to pick up. I've read where some do an ACH payment in store and drive off with their car that same day, without the transfer clearing the bank account. I'm hoping my proof of payment email I got will be good enough should a problem arise. I think calling them tomorrow would be a good idea.

I got preliminary payment due 4 days prior, paid by ach, then final payment 1 day prior ($5 adjustment). Paid via ach. Picking up this am. I didn’t make any calls this week, it all just happened. Smooth so far, will see how pick up goes. Payment site implies to me, they will be good with a payment made, even if transfer hasn’t finalized, because it says 0 balance and Paid in full. But I can’t confirm that yet.

You should receive this info via the website any where from 72 hours to 24 hours before your pick up.... I happened to get it about 36 hours before... Once I logged in to my Tesla account, it asked me if I wanted to final pay through the website and showed the final amount.... It also place the MVP in the Document area.

FWIW I took delivery 7/6 without a hitch. The purchase documents and the ACH payment window was running late -- mine showed up 48 hrs before delivery time. I got tired of waiting and did the following which is a way to deal with the incompetence on Telsa delivery process.

If you want to avoid stress (like all of us do waiting 2+ yrs):

(1) ask your ISA to e-mail you the amount you owe at delivery (they have it on their system at the time VIN is assigned).
(2) ask them to send you via e-mail their Fed Wire instructions (another way to pay them via your bank)
(3) send them what you owe via Fed Wire and then send your ISA and the delivery address at Tesla the Fed Wire confirm number

The advantage of this is that you don't have to keep hitting refresh of your Tesla account dozens of time and the Fed Wire gets them money same day so you are not waiting around at delivery place as they scramble around. My delivery took 10 min !!