Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Date before July 2018 Question Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Im looking at a listing online and the production date is prior to July 2018 (06/25/2018)
The listing didnt mention about long range 310miles so i want to know during this period, does tesla only making long range ? or they are already in production of short range ?
Thanks

I believe only new orders on new vehicles will have free supercharging. CPO's and used vehicles probably won't as the supercharging is tied to your Tesla.com account.

i thought the supercharge is tie to the car instead of the account? for example if i purchased a used 15,16 Model S which has supercharged free then it will tie to the VIN regardless how many owner who owned the car right ?

Is this apply the same to model 3?

Considering charges for supercharging goes in your Tesla.com profile, it may be connected with the VIN that is then tied to your account. Sorry, I'll leave it to others who many know more about purchasing used vehicles that either have free supercharging or within their 6 month initial free charging period.

i thought the supercharge is tie to the car instead of the account? for example if i purchased a used 15,16 Model S which has supercharged free then it will tie to the VIN regardless how many owner who owned the car right ?

Is this apply the same to model 3?
my understanding is that M3 is different from the others in that SC is not tied to the car. could be wrong though.

Hi,

Im looking at a listing online and the production date is prior to July 2018 (06/25/2018)
The listing didnt mention about long range 310miles so i want to know during this period, does tesla only making long range ? or they are already in production of short range ?
Thanks
It wouldn’t be short or mid range. Mine was born 6/19/2018. I’d call Tesla and check it’s history to try to understand if it’s been damaged, etc. there’s a forum posting somewhere about someone buying outside of Tesla and there were issues. Don’t remember details. I’d say test drive- the Southwest flight is cheap.