Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The #30 - goes to me :) Wednesday, that is.

And "we" is Gunnar's company Ferdinand Motor in Norway - Ferdinand Motor AS
Correct! :biggrin:

Allow me to share some photos of the beauty, 2010 Roadster Sport, signature 30/250.

IMG_8638_01.jpg

IMG_8650_01.jpg

IMG_8672_01.jpg

IMG_8738_01.jpg

Here posing with the american fusion red brother.. (US#476)
IMG_8692_01.jpg

My roadster sport (704) got delivered today. It's a little soiled as I have been running errands like registration, insurance, etc. It has drawn attention everywhere I have been.

Roger

Hey Congrats Roger! Well you know...it is definately the coolest car in the world...no wonder people love it.

Enjoy that electrifying beast now but go easy on the throttle dude :redface:

/ Nick

From the recent newsletter, "Tesla is nearing its 900th delivery."

The 700th shipped in early September. So, if they're going to hit 900 in early November (my guess for what "nearing" means) that's about 25 cars/week. For some reason, I thought that their max production capacity was 20/week, so either it's going to take longer than early November, I was wrong about the max capacity or they've increased the speed somehow.

Any way you look at it, they're clearly shipping a lot of cars, unlike our earlier speculation. I'm really glad to hear it, too.

The 700th shipped in early September. So, if they're going to hit 900 in early November (my guess for what "nearing" means) that's about 25 cars/week. For some reason, I thought that their max production capacity was 20/week, so either it's going to take longer than early November, I was wrong about the max capacity or they've increased the speed somehow.

I interpret "nearing 900" to simply mean "more than 800", but who knows. Tesla has sold about a dozen cars from their marketing fleet, so that would speed up deliveries a bit. I'm taking delivery of VP27 tomorrow. :biggrin:

Maybe 1000 soon?

The newsletter says the Roadster is "faster than a Porsche 911". That's either misleading or just plain wrong because the 911 has a higher top speed. I think it's more correct to say the Roadster is quicker than a Porsche 911.

I interpret "nearing 900" to simply mean "more than 800", but who knows. Tesla has sold about a dozen cars from their marketing fleet, so that would speed up deliveries a bit. I'm taking delivery of VP27 tomorrow. :biggrin:
From ABG this morning
We contacted Tesla spokeswoman Rachel Konrad who told us:
We are just over 850 deliveries. Like all major manufacturers in production (and those who keep books according to generally accepted accounting principles), we count sales and revenue when cars are delivered. Now that we are ramped up in production, we do not provide data on the order.​
The title of the post is very upsetting. Not sure why Sam went for it; his material is usually better than cheap sensationalism like that.

Besides cheap sensationalism, it's also old news. As evidenced here, Tesla has had a relatively short turn-around time for a while now.

Many commenters put Sam in his place. Had not seen Tony Belding's name in a while.

And there was this:
...This means outfitting the factory, which they've just finalized the aquisition of in SoCal fyi, for the production of the car and for R&D expenses I believe...

From "Jeremy"

The newsletter says the Roadster is "faster than a Porsche 911". That's either misleading or just plain wrong because the 911 has a higher top speed. I think it's more correct to say the Roadster is quicker than a Porsche 911.

Yes, I had been making a minor stink about the fast vs quick terminology... I think by now they have heard the criticisms but continue to say it anyways.