Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production of Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@chele_14 could you please clarify your question? Are you asking how long it's been in production? Or how many days it takes to make one? Or how many days it takes to get one once you order? Or something else entirely? Sorry it's not very clear.
Yesterday I received a txt regarding my Model Y .
Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. I just to know how many days they will build the car?

@chele_14 okay that's helpful. I don't really know how long production of a single unit takes from start to finish. We know that they produce a lot of them per day (akin to networking bandwidth) but not sure how long each is on the line (akin to networking throughput). Maybe someone else can answer this.

The good news is that in LA, you are fairly close to the Fremont factory, so transport time should be minimal. Turn-around time from the vehicle arriving at the delivery location to your pick up appointment is also typically quite fast, particularly at the end of quarter. Given your location, build date this month, and end of Q3 push, I would not be surprised if you have possession before the end of the month (though obviously for various reasons it could get pushed). You can always watch your expected delivery date in your Tesla account (though again, these can and do change often and wildly before you actually get the message to schedule your delivery appointment).

@chele_14 okay that's helpful. I don't really know how long production of a single unit takes from start to finish. We know that they produce a lot of them per day (akin to networking bandwidth) but not sure how long each is on the line (akin to networking throughput). Maybe someone else can answer this.

The good news is that in LA, you are fairly close to the Fremont factory, so transport time should be minimal. Turn-around time from the vehicle arriving at the delivery location to your pick up appointment is also typically quite fast, particularly at the end of quarter. Given your location, build date this month, and end of Q3 push, I would not be surprised if you have possession before the end of the month (though obviously for various reasons it could get pushed). You can always watch your expected delivery date in your Tesla account (though again, these can and do change often and wildly before you actually get the message to schedule your delivery appointment).
Ok Thanks.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung