Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Programming Sommer Garage Door Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model X. I have been trying to get my Sommer garage door opener to work with it. The Sommer unit \operates fine with my Volvo, and with the two Sommer remotes. The MX operates our daughters Chambrerlain Door opener just fine. So it appears the Sommer unit is working fine, and the Tesla MX is working fine.
So it may be that there is an incompatability between the specific version of Sommer & Tesla, or the dreaded "Operator error".
I am on vacation, so I have had time to once again read through all the manuals on the Sommer Garage Door opener, Homelink, and Tesla but I cannot find any issues. And when I was trying to get them to connect together i was very careful to follow the directions (I think).
The only possible thing left is that somehow I have exceeded the number of codes stored in the Sommer, but I have never had but 4 controls/cars coded. Unless one also counts the failed attempts. When I get back, my only option to resolve that potential issue would be to clear all the codes and re-start /re-code the Volvo and the two Sommer remotes.

Of course - there is always the dreaded "Operator Error"

Has anybody else gotten their to work with a Sommer door opener??

Fix’d it!!! Even after Tesla Ranger failed after after multiple attempts. Here’s the video I used - additional setting option “Drive Mode” make sure u park the car outside of the garage nose in facing garage. Worked on the first try/attempt!