Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project 2011 Brabus Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At first glance to me the silver looks like in belongs in an Aston Martin Catalogue where the black looks like next years corvette. Depends what look your going for. I too think gunmetal would look better but I am totally biased.
Agree. The silver is too bright, the black too dark. You need something in between.

Got my mirror today, and it turnes out that the Roadster and the Elise does not share rear view mirrors. If I'd checked my car better I would of course have seen that the ball mount is in different locations. The old VW mirror has the mount on top and the Roadster in the middle of the back side. The window mount was very easy to remove, just needed to slide it upwards. So now the search for another smaller mirror continues.

Good thing I decided to hold off on ordering one till yours came in. How does the Tesla mirror come off?

Good thing I decided to hold off on ordering one till yours came in. How does the Tesla mirror come off?
It slides straight off when pushing the mount upwards. I did however send an email to MicroMirror yesterday to see how many orders they needed to start production again. My original mirror needs to go anyway, so I'll continue searching for smaller options.

There was an OVMS in the car which hasn't been installed. The previous owner had both the GPS antenna as well, do I need to install the GPS antenna (I believe it will use the GPS in the car)? And to get the latest firmware do I then need to get the hardware from Fasttech? 43419018_336840373528963_3071304355723345920_n.jpg

There was an OVMS in the car which hasn't been installed. The previous owner had both the GPS antenna as well, do I need to install the GPS antenna (I believe it will use the GPS in the car)? And to get the latest firmware do I then need to get the hardware from Fasttech?View attachment 341598

That's a GSM antenna in the picture (long and flat). The GPS antenna is square. You don't need GPS antenna for roadster.

Note that the model in the picture is OVMS v2. That uses a 2G modem, so please check that 2G cellular service is still available in your area. Assuming you have 2G service available, head over to www.openvehicles.com and checkout the v2 links on the right hand side of the page - you'll fine links to latest firmware, and installation manuals.

Reactions: Moge
That's a GSM antenna in the picture (long and flat). The GPS antenna is square. You don't need GPS antenna for roadster.

Note that the model in the picture is OVMS v2. That uses a 2G modem, so please check that 2G cellular service is still available in your area. Assuming you have 2G service available, head over to www.openvehicles.com and checkout the v2 links on the right hand side of the page - you'll fine links to latest firmware, and installation manuals.
Thanks Markwj! In Norway they're shutting down 3G in 2020 to give more room for 4G and 5G on the 900 band, so 2G and 2,5G is actually what they're keeping for these types of units using very little data.

Oh joy, new actuator installed and finally got the booth opened. A relatively quick fix, but need to do some minor adjustments to get it to pop open by itself. I need to push downward on the lid to get the locks to release properly. Anyone encountered the same issue?

One of the most out of place design elements on the Roadster are the Lotus Elise side mirrors. They give the it a kit car look and frankly looks cheap. I finally found the setup I want at Transforged, and they've confirmed that they'll fit the Roadster.
29744434_615904438759455_2460289873719310132_o_620x.jpg
17968624_1122077164563939_519194702_o_620x.jpg

They have two versions of the mirror mounts, but I like the V2 better as i looks more like an upgrade compared to stock than a completely different aftermarket setup V2 Mirror Mounts

It's a bit of a wait to get them and they don't come cheap at USD 765,- with the carbon mirrors, but will be an essential part of bringing the car up to date.

Reactions: ICON
One of the most out of place design elements on the Roadster are the Lotus Elise side mirrors. They give the it a kit car look and frankly looks cheap. I finally found the setup I want at Transforged, and they've confirmed that they'll fit the Roadster.
View attachment 342211 View attachment 342212

They have two versions of the mirror mounts, but I like the V2 better as i looks more like an upgrade compared to stock than a completely different aftermarket setup V2 Mirror Mounts

It's a bit of a wait to get them and they don't come cheap at USD 765,- with the carbon mirrors, but will be an essential part of bringing the car up to date.

A terrific enhancement!

After the VW Beetle rear view mirror mishap, I finally found someone producing a superb solution for Lotus Elise and the Roadster. Japanese Zoom engineering (www.zoom-eng.com) is making a bracket that fits straight into the window mount and there are several mirror options. They are distributed in the us by www.kamispeed.com I haven't decided which one I'll go for yet, but the asymmetrical Modena 203 looks extremely cool:

The G-6 fixture slides straight into the window mount
8462.jpg

The smallest version is 155x67x47mm (Similar to MicroMirror)
8720.jpg

The Modena 203 is 203x63x85mm
8850.jpg

I will order directly from Japan to Scandinavia and the price will be around USD 200 ex VAT.

Reactions: Oricle
The rear view mirror from Zoom Engineering arrived today, and the swap was extremely easy. It turns out that the owner of Zoom actually owns a Roadster himself, and he has made a specific roadster mount (the G11 アームG11(車種別設定) : NEO ズームエンジニアリング :, お買い物ならNEO ズームエンジニアリング オンラインショップ). It came assembled and took me 5 minutes to do the whole job (a bit fiddly to use the small Allen key to fix it). Including shipping it came in at USD 200,-
20181023_182455_resized.jpg

20181023_181815_resized.jpg 20181023_181855_resized.jpg 20181023_181908_resized.jpg 20181023_182455_resized.jpg 20181023_182551_resized.jpg 20181023_184327_resized.jpg

First snow arrived today, so time to mount the fully refurbished stock wheels and the NEREUS NS805+ 97V / INVOVIC EL805+ 195/50/16 in the front and NEREUS NS805+ 94V 225/45/17 in the rear. Nu rubbing, silent and feels great on the car:
20181029_184111_001_resized.jpg
IMG-20181029-WA0014_resized.jpeg

Reactions: drewski