Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prospective return customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a rear wheel drive'14 Model S that we loved. For 3 years nothing ever went wrong with it. Unfortunately I traded it in for a '17 85D. Had a lot of issues.Dead screen repeatedly, kept having bad axels, tons of gremlins. However that '14 was great. I have had 2 vehicles since and considering returning to the best car I ever owned.
-My question is will I regret the leap of faith. I haven't kept up with the brand since I left, Tesla bought it back from me and was basically fair with the process.
-I hear stories about repairs taking long due to wait time for parts. Is this issue real?
-Is a facelift coming. I don't think anyone knows for sure, but had to ask.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Oh still have the charger installed. Does it work on the present vehicles?

Thanks
Rich

If you bought the ‘14 MS brand new, don’t expect your delivery experience to be the same as it was in ‘14. Tesla has gotten so much bigger and as expected, all the fanfare during the delivery back then is gone, especially during quarter ends.

I’d say the current MS is vastly improved from your 14 or even from your 85D. Are you sure that was a 17? I thought 85’s were replaced by 100’s in 17.

Yes, the charger still works on all Tesla’s. Come on back, we kept the seat warm for you! :)

I had a similar experience except backwards. Had a new Tesla in 13. So. Many. Things. Left in 16 and just came back. I personally haven’t experienced any issues with service (and I bought used from Tesla) once you drive a Tesla it ruins you for all other cars.

If you bought the ‘14 MS brand new, don’t expect your delivery experience to be the same as it was in ‘14. Tesla has gotten so much bigger and as expected, all the fanfare during the delivery back then is gone, especially during quarter ends.

I’d say the current MS is vastly improved from your 14 or even from your 85D. Are you sure that was a 17? I thought 85’s were replaced by 100’s in 17.

Yes, the charger still works on all Tesla’s. Come on back, we kept the seat warm for you! :)
You are correct it was a '16 I just checked. But I was right that it was a complete nightmare.
Have been searching for a car that easy to navigate since.
MB S550 horrible
Currently an Audi Q8 even worse.

• Disagree
Reactions: The Long C_0_N
My experience with an ‘18 100D:

Driver seat defective at delivery. Replaced. Replacement seat was like a rocking chair in 30 days. Replaced again.

Loose trim and door panel at delivery. Before I even left my delivery I had a scheduled service visit to get that fixed. Resolved 2 weeks later.

Front end shutter (aka death rattle): axle nut and bearing replaced. Recurred -half shafts and jack shaft replaced.

A/C compressor developed a whine. Replaced.

Now - MCU screen and drivers screen (CID) w/yellow border. Local SC does not have the UV repair equipment. I’m on the waiting list.

Yes. All replaced under warranty, no expense. But - car was at SC over 20 days in its first year.... not an ideal experience.

Wouid I do it again? Probably. But you can bet I’m glad I’m leasing.....

I had a similar experience except backwards. Had a new Tesla in 13. So. Many. Things. Left in 16 and just came back. I personally haven’t experienced any issues with service (and I bought used from Tesla) once you drive a Tesla it ruins you for all other cars.
Similar to my wife, she had a 2015 model s, due to poor tesla service communication and long repair times after an accident, she decided to move on. She now drives a 2019 BMW M5 and loves it. However I’m hoping to lure her back once I take delivery of my Model X. Really hoping the Raven suspension improvement and overall build quality wins her back, especially with the current gas prices in California.