Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Protective Coating...The Process on a Silver MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks buddy

- - - Updated - - -

The difference between protective coatings are:
- Amount of gloss added to the car.
- Longevity
- Hydrophobicity

A professional detailer that has experience with all major coatings will recommend the best one for you based on how long you'll be keeping the car, color of the car as well as your budget.

For short term protection I recommend C.Quartz Finest..It comes with a 2 year warranty and adds a very nice gloss to the finish of your car. If budget is an issue than I recommend GTechniq EXOv2 or 22PLE VX1 Pro..They last anywhere from 1-2 years but don't come with a warranty (My shop offers a 2 year warranty on EXOv2)...They will also add lots of gloss to the vehicle

For long term protection I recommend Opti-Coat Pro (good) or GTechniq C1/EXOv2 (better)...Both will protect your car anywhere from 4.5 to 5 years or more (depending on driving habits)

Hope this helps :smile:

could you message me and give me a quote to come to se florida and coat my s with gtechniq?
thanks

Binh says: Hi "Steve too"! (That's how you introduced yourself and now it's stuck!)

Bummer to hear about your rear car panel... Although it sounds like you need a new house with a bigger garage! LOL!

Good luck with getting the quote for the body work... Hurry and get it fixed and take it to Pete's. He will make your MS sparkle again!

Say hi to Robin!
Nice to hear from you Binh! Pete did a wonderful job on your Model S. I'm really considering having him do ours once it's 'fixed" I went to the shop yesterday and all I know so far is "it won't be inexpensive" - a typical quote from a body shop :frown: One piece of good news is they'll be able to "repair" the metal rear quarter panel without replacing it (whew!). The bumper may be fixable w/o replacement too - fingers crossed. My garage is plenty big enough - it's all the stuff in there that makes backing in a real challenge.

I look forward to our next gathering! Take care, Steve too