Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PTC REWORK UPDATE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made a thread last Sunday, asking what the ptc rework procedure was, and I can confirm it is taking out the faulty rod that is causing the isolation error similar to the diy threads on here I knew rework could be done without a working headlight, my local service center refuse to do it without a brand new headlight saying software would not flash on the ptc module. Even though I sent them a video showing myself going into service mode and doing a software reinstall and every time the ptc heater software flashed. I'm not sure how Tesla techs get paid but on the labor sheet it said it was 1 hour and ,45 minutes to repair. I know it takes way longer then that to fix it taking out ptc is pain in the ass alone, so I'm wondering if Tesla techs get paid similar to a conventional ice service center and why they would lie to refuse service without bill cramming me for a headlamp and labor. I found a service center almost 2 hours away from my local one willing do the repair, they got it done fast and now my heat works great! I just order a used headlight and I'm putting it in this weekend!

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Made a thread last Sunday, asking what the ptc rework procedure was, and I can confirm it is taking out the faulty rod that is causing the isolation error similar to the diy threads on here I knew rework could be done without a working headlight, my local service center refuse to do it without a brand new headlight saying software would not flash on the ptc module. Even though I sent them a video showing myself going into service mode and doing a software reinstall and every time the ptc heater software flashed. I'm not sure how Tesla techs get paid but on the labor sheet it said it was 1 hour and ,45 minutes to repair. I know it takes way longer then that to fix it taking out ptc is pain in the ass alone, so I'm wondering if Tesla techs get paid similar to a conventional ice service center and why they would lie to refuse service without bill cramming me for a headlamp and labor. I found a service center almost 2 hours away from my local one willing do the repair, they got it done fast and now my heat works great! I just order a used headlight and I'm putting it in this weekend!

Think they just 'can't' update because of some company policy.
Funny to see there is still difference between service centers although it is the same company.