Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pump (Tesla model S 2014 year)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, tell me please, is it normal that after the car has charged above 80%, the pump quietly worked all night in the garage. Previously, it charged up to 70% and the pump worked only for 5-10 minutes after the end of charging, and then turned off. There are no errors on the pump, tesla in factory mode, the latest update for tegra

same on my 2013: the pump works sometime when I charge around 70%. I did not remark that last year.
Thank you, I have a late 2014 Tesla, did you or your friends ask the company if this is normal or should I pay attention to something? I'm just from Minsk and we don't have an official representation
I have factory mode activated, if necessary, I can take a picture of some values

It's been pretty "normal" on my 2015 Model S 85D for a (the?) battery pack coolant pump to be running for a long time, such as hours, after charging. The cutoff point seems to be around 78%. I've taken to setting my nightly charge limit to 75% (down from 80%) to reduce wear on the pump. Of course I'll charge higher if I anticipate needing it.

I'm thinking this change happened maybe 2-3 years ago. It's been discussed here on TMC, although I don't have a reference for you unfortunately.

Bruce.

It's been pretty "normal" on my 2015 Model S 85D for a (the?) battery pack coolant pump to be running for a long time, such as hours, after charging. The cutoff point seems to be around 78%. I've taken to setting my nightly charge limit to 75% (down from 80%) to reduce wear on the pump. Of course I'll charge higher if I anticipate needing it.

I'm thinking this change happened maybe 2-3 years ago. It's been discussed here on TMC, although I don't have a reference for you unfortunately.

Bruce.
Thank you!) Today the pump was not working all the time, Tesla charge 91%, SOC 91.1
ISO resistance: 2300 kOhm
The pump worked quietly for a couple of minutes only when the door was opened, and when it was closed after a minute it turned off, everything seems to be fine