Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Punctured tyre- Tesla Assistance experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a 2022 MY-Performance. Had my front left tyre pop (with a big bang!) as was traveling with 40-50miles p/hr last night. Had 2 cars infront of me and was trailing them and they didn't even budge so don't think it was a pot hole out of nowhere but couldn't tell what the heck it was... anyway got a low tyre pressure warning on the panel, checked it as continued to travel, was down to 15psi (instead of 45psi like the other 3) then quickly made its way down to 5psi by the time (3 minutes or so later) was able to safely pull over and stop. (from what I can tell its the Sidewall that a slit of somesort, somehow, no clue how it happened thou!?)

Called up Tesla Roadside Assistance explained the situation, been told can get a loaner wheel or a permanent change will search the area I'm at (practically in middle of nowhere in Scotland) (I told perm change please as and get back to be in 15-20. they did so in 18min. Told can't get hold of anyone on a Sunday late night. So will have to be first thing Monday.
Did get a call right before 9:30am Monday and been told they are struggling with finding the tyre I needed but found one for £450! (Ouch!-I have a friend with a BMW that was "boasting" one of his tyres cost £420 to replace as they are 22inc and same the ones McLarens use. And that he was told that was the most expensive on the market... Guess Tesla's 21inc Pirellis tops that chart then...) But its not immediately available and will be 'a few days' (dont know what that translates to yet) for the said tyre to get to the centre that is 45-50minutes drive away from where the car is. They will then send a tow truck to the car, get it towed over to the garage and get it changed. The towing is covered by Tesla. Tyre is covered by me (ouch! -again-)

I'm in middle of nowhere really so not much to do, especially with 2kids aged 6 & 3, without a car. Shame they dont also do a replacement car or something a bit more swift. Having said that, my wife is adamant that in the run up to our purchase of this vehicle back in November, Tesla ran a 'new owners webinar' and they had mentioned there that as your Tesla gets repaired they do give you a replacement Tesla to 'keep you going' until repairs were sorted. I dont recall any thing of this nature, nor had the agents I was in contact with at Tesla Assist mentioned it.