Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla UK Tyre order lead time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my car has a flat, I've booked a tyre replacement with the service centre and they've just told me that the tyre is on order and they'll let me know when it arrives.

Firstly it's a bit crazy that they don't keep any tyres in stock. I've got the regular M3 wheels, so no idea why they don't have any available.

Does anyone have any experience with this recently and knows how long it usually takes to get the tyres in? Trying to decide whether I should just wait or try to get some mobile tyre fitting option.

If that’s a Tesla service centre then you best find a nearby local garage via blackcircles.com or similar. Though that can come at the ugly aesthetic look of non-Tesla wheel balancing mass attachments.
I'm just a bit nervous to go third party because of some of the horror stories of others damaging teslas and ignoring requests to use the pucks etc.
Where are you based?
Winchester area

I'm just a bit nervous to go third party because of some of the horror stories of others damaging teslas and ignoring requests to use the pucks etc.

Winchester area
If you have a standard M3 LR with 18" wheels, I have a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Acoustic (Tesla T0) 235/45 R18 Y (98) with about 4-5mm sat in my garden shed in Addlestone... Obvs you'd need to find someone who can fit it.
It's partner had a nasty sidewall puncture, and I didn't want a huge difference in tread depth between the left and right tyres

Accredited garages that say they have performed the service for Tesla vehicles in the past can usually be trusted.

All of them can mess up during tyre removal causing damage to valve sensor so watch out that they retain and re-use the valve cap to not mess up the cosmetic too! (same for Tesla).
I assume I'm going to need to replace the TPMS sensor too if I use the tyre repair kit.

Currently the car is sitting with the flat outside my office. Debating whether to use the tyre repair kit to drive to the service centre (or third party) or call roadside assistance and avoid the extra £70 to replace TPMS.

If you have a standard M3 LR with 18" wheels, I have a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Acoustic (Tesla T0) 235/45 R18 Y (98) with about 4-5mm sat in my garden shed in Addlestone... Obvs you'd need to find someone who can fit it.
It's partner had a nasty sidewall puncture, and I didn't want a huge difference in tread depth between the left and right tyres
That's very kind of you thank you!

I unfortunately don't think I can get to Addlestone.
The wheel went fully flat in a short time so I think the puncture is fairly big, not sure how far I'll be able to drive far even with the Tyre repair kit.

Agh why doesn't tesla keep any in stock? That seems nonsensical. Think I'm gonna be sleeping at the office for a couple days....

Agh why doesn't tesla keep any in stock? That seems nonsensical. Think I'm gonna be sleeping at the office for a couple days....

You should be able to get a (non Tesla) mobile fitting. They all should know how to jack the car - the hardest part will be having a suitable jack/wedge to get under the car. Obvs they will need a suitable puck or equivalent.

Another option is to use a standard roadside service (AA etc) to sort.

I also thought that Tesla had loan wheels that their own recovery service can send out whilst waiting for a tyre to be fitted. But that may just be regular service centre hours. Another reason to have a proper breakdown service as a backup.

Reactions: init6
I assume I'm going to need to replace the TPMS sensor too if I use the tyre repair kit.

Currently the car is sitting with the flat outside my office. Debating whether to use the tyre repair kit to drive to the service centre (or third party) or call roadside assistance and avoid the extra £70 to replace TPMS.

Get a mobile tyre replacement service? There are a couple of hundred thousand Teslas in the UK ... this is not a rare challenge! (If the tyre is not holding air then don't drive it anywhere.)

Reactions: init6
Also forgot to mention, your post suggests that it may be repairable. If so, I would give a local independent tyre fitter, the type that won’t throw their arms up in the air at the prospect of repairing an acoustic tyre (which is unlikely to be able to repaired with ‘gunk’) and see what they can do. You may not even need a new tyre.

I had a flat on my model Y 2 months in, luckily a lease car(Company Car). However LeasePlan so bit laborious. I’m in Basingstoke so not far off but they insist on using ATS, who took 2 weeks to get the tyre in as it’s and EV tyre and specific and blah blah blah…

I didn’t even consider sourcing tyres would be a problem given the uptick in EVs these days!

I actually have no idea if they jacked my car up properly reading this thread. Ultimately though as a lease car if they didn’t and the lease company organised the repair the now is is on them.