TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Purchase a Maintenance Plan or Extended Service Agreement from Tesla Online

Discussion in 'Model X' started by hndmountains, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hndmountains

hndmountains Member

Hi,

I'm just about to purchase a maintenance plan and extended service agreement from tesla.com.
    However, the option is gone now and asks me to contact [email protected] instead.
    (It was there a few days ago).

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

2. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

No intel about new changes, but I was not able to buy a maintenance plan for the X at any time, but did buy an extended service agreement.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Right now, before I take delivery, I have these options, which says you can get the MP until a year and 12,500 miles/20,000 km
    and the ESA up to 30 days or 1000 miles/1600 km after the original warranty expires.

I would assume those options would still be there for those periods?

upload_2017-9-18_11-40-58.png

Here's the detail page:

Maintenance Plans

4. jgalak

jgalak Member

I'm trying to decide if the maintenance plan is worth it. I drive about 25000 miles a year, so the 4 year plan is really a 2 year plan. Seems worth it if I do the regular maintenance, but many here report they skip it with no ill consequences. Not sure.

Extended warranty seems a no-brainer, but it looks like it can be bought when regular warranty runs out, so I plan to hold off until then, in case I change cars beforehand.

• Like x 1
  5. SUMD

SUMD Member

Came here to post something similar. Cheers!

6. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Small print: ESA requires regular maintenance. The new vehicle limited warranty is not affected by missing service appointments..

• Like x 2
  7. hndmountains

hndmountains Member

I emailed Tesla today and they unblocked me so I was able to order both maintenance plan and extended service.

What's Interesting is even though the email said:
    Just as a reminder, Maintenance Plans must be purchased within 12 months or 12,500 miles (whichever occurs first) after the original delivery date of a new or pre-owned vehicle by Tesla. Unfortunately a maintenance plan cannot be purchased at this time.
    I was still able to order it. (this is probably a copy of some old email)

8. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS75D

I just did my one-year service. Ranger said they have changed the pricing - to be what is actually done during the service, and not spreading the three year cost to the services. I would prefer to keep my money in my pocket until its time to spend, because I may not have the car for 4 years (crashes and death and other life events happen, making prepayments unwise).
    Its good to know what expenses are coming down the line - but I choose to pay them when due instead of anticipation. I think this is called Budgeting.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1