Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase a Maintenance Plan or Extended Service Agreement from Tesla Online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now, before I take delivery, I have these options, which says you can get the MP until a year and 12,500 miles/20,000 km
and the ESA up to 30 days or 1000 miles/1600 km after the original warranty expires.

I would assume those options would still be there for those periods?

upload_2017-9-18_11-40-58.png

Here's the detail page:

Maintenance Plans

I'm trying to decide if the maintenance plan is worth it. I drive about 25000 miles a year, so the 4 year plan is really a 2 year plan. Seems worth it if I do the regular maintenance, but many here report they skip it with no ill consequences. Not sure.

Extended warranty seems a no-brainer, but it looks like it can be bought when regular warranty runs out, so I plan to hold off until then, in case I change cars beforehand.

Reactions: DiamondHands
I'm trying to decide if the maintenance plan is worth it. I drive about 25000 miles a year, so the 4 year plan is really a 2 year plan. Seems worth it if I do the regular maintenance, but many here report they skip it with no ill consequences. Not sure.

Extended warranty seems a no-brainer, but it looks like it can be bought when regular warranty runs out, so I plan to hold off until then, in case I change cars beforehand.

Came here to post something similar. Cheers!

I emailed Tesla today and they unblocked me so I was able to order both maintenance plan and extended service.

What's Interesting is even though the email said:
Just as a reminder, Maintenance Plans must be purchased within 12 months or 12,500 miles (whichever occurs first) after the original delivery date of a new or pre-owned vehicle by Tesla. Unfortunately a maintenance plan cannot be purchased at this time.
I was still able to order it. (this is probably a copy of some old email)

I just did my one-year service. Ranger said they have changed the pricing - to be what is actually done during the service, and not spreading the three year cost to the services. I would prefer to keep my money in my pocket until its time to spend, because I may not have the car for 4 years (crashes and death and other life events happen, making prepayments unwise).
Its good to know what expenses are coming down the line - but I choose to pay them when due instead of anticipation. I think this is called Budgeting.