Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Push back email - JUNE / JULY Configs

Which one is you?

• June - Sport

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • June Aeros

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • July Sport

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • July Aeros

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is for people to let us know your configs to try and find a pattern for Jun/July! We can also do colors, but I kept it simple for now and based it of wheels as we know they are made in batches.

I config'd kinda late, so like the 28th or so.. I got July. Silver 19's.

While I can't be 100% sure, it seems as simple as configuring before 4/19 pushed you to June. Configuring on or after pushed you to July. Now, I am betting there are some outliers that don't work in that pattern, but it may have to do with filling up delivery trucks or something. Just a guess. I feel like colors and wheels aren't the issue right now.

TM

Last edited:
While I can't be 100% sure, it seems as simple as configuring before 4/19 pushed you to June. Configuring on or after pushed you to July. Now, I am betting there are some outliers that don't work in that pattern, but it may have to do with filling up delivery trucks or something. Just a guess. I feel like colors and wheels aren't the issue right now.

TM

I think West Coast vs East Coast makes a difference as well. From the comments, there appeared to be more June deliveries for West Coast configs and July deliveries for East Coast (with 4/18 configurations).

TM

I configured 4/21 and my email said June. I’m guessing being in California and having a configuration with sport wheels put me in June.

I configured on 4/14 and was pushed into July. I wanted early June delivery because I have a week long family reunion in mid-lune and I wanted to let my large family (7 siblings + inlays) all have a chance to drive the Model 3. They all purchased Prius after I got mine in 2005 and gave it the thumbs up (I'm the techinical one in my family). They are all strong candidates for the Model 3, but it looks like they'll have to wait to experience the Tesla magic.
Configured 4/14, dark blue, aero - pushed into July - been over 5 weeks since configured and still no VIN.

TM

seems like what you said yes, they aren't staggering it by wheel type which means several more runs will come out or they have two lines doing both. Just guessing :)

I configured 4/21 and my email said June. I’m guessing being in California and having a configuration with sport wheels put me in June.
Seems like a few of you had that happen, which IMHO if they are going out in batches I think you guys got counted in with the end of the batch for June because of your color/wheel choice. So my guess is they did configuration first, which of course wouldn't roll up 100% so some people next in "line" with the right selection got the last june spots.

Looks like config date/time + location is the key. Delivery to CA takes days, not weeks, so they will carefully deliver to CA before June 30 to ensure they stay under the 200k limit. They will probably start shipping all the east coast cars towards the end of June to ensure they don't get to their destinations until early July.