Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put a deposit on this CPO 2015 85D. Fully loaded $47.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

This just came up and i hopped onto it immediately as it seems like a screaming deal. This is my first CPO purchase so I’m not exactly sure about what i should do next (besides talking with advisor this week). Just curious as to if anyone had any thoughts or tips? Also, the pics they provided don’t really show me much, i’m Wondering if i can request more. The car is only a few hours away so i’ll Have the opportunity to go see it in person (right?). I’m pretty excited about it, let me know what you guys think. It has pretty much all the options other than 21” wheels. Manufactured 6/15 with LTE. 54k miles

Dropbox - 094098 - Simplify your life

Not a bad deal. I would say, from looking at pics of multiple cars, that they usually use that ruler/arrow thing when they see something that stands out to them. That's not to say that they don't miss some things, but usually they get the worst of it with that thing.
Yea i spoke to my advisor today and unfortunately he was only able to see the same pictures as me. He does have access to the notes though and apparently its just normal 50k miles chips on the front hood, and a small scratch in the carpet on the trunk. Two things that i honestly don’t care about.

Apparently, as far as 2015 models (which i’m eyeing because of what what get for the price point), there will be more inventory and lower prices as the 3 year leases many people did are just now finishing up. So, great time to buy an older Tesla, with many of the same relevant features as the new ones, at 50% of the cost.

Since it has over 50k miles I assume you got the 2yr/100k warranty? That tends to drive down the price a decent amount. Still, sounds like a great deal!

I've also noticed they tend to throw in a few extra pictures of noticeable damage. I've seen tire depth gauges to show the tires are worn but not worn enough that they'll replace as well. There was also a period of time for the Fremont cars that pictures were being taken with a camera that had smudges on the lens. If you aren't paying close attention, it looked like stained carpets or body damage that isn't actually there. I only noticed when I was looking at two cars back to back and saw basically the same "stains" in the trunk.

Since it has over 50k miles I assume you got the 2yr/100k warranty? That tends to drive down the price a decent amount. Still, sounds like a great deal!

I've also noticed they tend to throw in a few extra pictures of noticeable damage. I've seen tire depth gauges to show the tires are worn but not worn enough that they'll replace as well. There was also a period of time for the Fremont cars that pictures were being taken with a camera that had smudges on the lens. If you aren't paying close attention, it looked like stained carpets or body damage that isn't actually there. I only noticed when I was looking at two cars back to back and saw basically the same "stains" in the trunk.

Yea I’m definitely getting the warranty as well as prepaid maintenance (if i can) just so i know i’m Good to go moving forward. And yes this is currently at the Fremont center, and yes their pictures suck.

Looks like a great deal. Just picked up my CPO 2016 Model S last week. You will love this car so much!

The buying process isn't stellar. I didn't see my actual vehicle until all the paperwork was signed and I'd handed over the down payment. I had asked if I could see the car in advance, as I was picking it up just an hour away from my house. Apparently, the cars are kept in a warehouse, and delivered to your pickup location a day or two in advance, so I could not see it. It was a bit unnerving to buy a $50K car based on a few pictures. I will also mention that the detailing was OK, but not great.

The car, however, is amazing! it has a few scratches and rock chips, but the body is in great shape and the interior is in excellent condition.

Looks like a great deal. Just picked up my CPO 2016 Model S last week. You will love this car so much!

The buying process isn't stellar. I didn't see my actual vehicle until all the paperwork was signed and I'd handed over the down payment. I had asked if I could see the car in advance, as I was picking it up just an hour away from my house. Apparently, the cars are kept in a warehouse, and delivered to your pickup location a day or two in advance, so I could not see it. It was a bit unnerving to buy a $50K car based on a few pictures. I will also mention that the detailing was OK, but not great.

The car, however, is amazing! it has a few scratches and rock chips, but the body is in great shape and the interior is in excellent condition.
I have this exact same scenario. I’m only an hour or so away and don’t like that i can’t just go check it out. I still have a bunch of other *sugar* to figure out (trading in my current Infiniti, some financing, etc) but i’m Hoping it all goes smooth. I’d be looking at the 2016 90d but they seem to be just out of my price point for what i want. But i do love the free super charging for life on this ‘15, i have two stations on my commute everyday. This should also help quite a bit with my PG&E discount cuz i’ll Be easily able to stay around the 60% battery charge without having to charge at home.

Reactions: rycart
To those who picked up the vehicle, other than exterior/interior wear and tear + cosmetic issues (if there are any), what else should you check?

well, for purchasing of used iphone from CL, you must do the following

• Check SN/IMEI and see if it’s stolen/having balance
  • Take a photo/video and see if they are all good
  • Call someone and see if voice quality is good
  • Text message to someone, and see if it goes well
  • See if there’s any undisclosed damage (i.e., screen, back, corner)
  • Grab all peripherals if they were promised

To those who picked up the vehicle, other than exterior/interior wear and tear + cosmetic issues (if there are any), what else should you check?
Before I picked up the vehicle, I ran a Carfax and found out that there were no accidents and the vehicle had come out of a 2 year corporate lease. I felt this was a worthwhile investment of $50. There's also a site called safecar.org where you can enter the VIN and see if there are any outstanding recalls on the car. There weren't. These were good "peace of mind" steps, given that you can't see the car in advance.

There's not really much that you can check when the car is delivered. On my car, the underside of the Frunk hood was dirty, as was the underside of the cover to the underfloor storage in the hatch. I cleaned these up myself. There was a bit of road tar behind the back wheels - I also cleaned that up.

May be worth checking tire tread. They won't replace these for you, but you'll get a sense of when these need to be replaced.

Oh, one big thing I forgot to mention: check to see if the software has been reset to factory settings! Mine was not, and the previous owners driver profiles, home and work addresses, navigation history and music preferences were all still there! I had already begun configuring my own settings when I realized how much stuff from the old owner was there. I manually deleted what I could, and my music preferences are now beginning to push the old ones out of the list.

Before I picked up the vehicle, I ran a Carfax and found out that there were no accidents and the vehicle had come out of a 2 year corporate lease. I felt this was a worthwhile investment of $50. There's also a site called safecar.org where you can enter the VIN and see if there are any outstanding recalls on the car. There weren't. These were good "peace of mind" steps, given that you can't see the car in advance.

There's not really much that you can check when the car is delivered. On my car, the underside of the Frunk hood was dirty, as was the underside of the cover to the underfloor storage in the hatch. I cleaned these up myself. There was a bit of road tar behind the back wheels - I also cleaned that up.

May be worth checking tire tread. They won't replace these for you, but you'll get a sense of when these need to be replaced.

If tire tread is too low, they will replace the tires, as that is something that will actually cause the car to fail state inspection.

Still you should check everything very carefully and be ready to reject delivery if there are issues with the car.

Reactions: rycart