Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q - Where to find service invoice history

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I am looking for something that does not exist but is there a way to see past service appointment invoices either from my Tesla account or from the app? I have not been able to find this. When I pay for service can see the PDF of the invoice in the Tesla app but after the service is completed the link is gone.
Does this mean that you have to download the PDF when it is presented or you lost it? Will Tesla provide past invoices for my records and if so who do I contact?

Thanks in advance!

I feel like an idiot. The history is in the service section of the app. I am 99% sure that it was not there for me in the past but it is there now fro sure.

Thanks @Ostrichsak for answering dumb questions
It hasn't always been there & was a fairly recent addition so it's not that dumb. I could've sugar coated my response a little more but I was in a hurry & just wanted to provide a solution.

Has anyone successfully downloaded/opened a previous service invoice from the app? I'm trying to click previous invoices (on Android) and the files are downloading as "undefined" with no file extension and will not open in Adobe. (I haven't tried moving the file to PC and manually adding .pdf to the file yet, but I'm not feeling hopeful.)

Has anyone successfully downloaded/opened a previous service invoice from the app? I'm trying to click previous invoices (on Android) and the files are downloading as "undefined" with no file extension and will not open in Adobe. (I haven't tried moving the file to PC and manually adding .pdf to the file yet, but I'm not feeling hopeful.)
Just tried on Pixel 4.
The file is named "undefined.pdf" but opens fine and has the right info (correct invoice).

Also, I get a copy of an invoice via email, so there's always a second way to get the invoice.
But app has worked for me since the feature was introduced.

Just tried on Pixel 4.
The file is named "undefined.pdf" but opens fine and has the right info (correct invoice).

Also, I get a copy of an invoice via email, so there's always a second way to get the invoice.
But app has worked for me since the feature was introduced.

Just had my wife try on her S10e with app v3.10.9 on Android 10 - downloads as undefined.pdf and opens in Drive as a PDF.
Tried again on my S8 with app v3.10.9 on Android 9 - downloads as undefined, Adobe can't see the file (and I can't find a way in Drive on the phone to look for local files...).

BUT, I just realized "Rename" is in the menu/three dot/ladder/hamburger/whatever of the My Files upper right corner, so if I add .pdf while renaming, Adobe will open it (but only if I go to Adobe and browse to the file; clicking on it in My Files doesn't work since its still not recognized as a PDF).

TL;DR - apparently just my phone's OS, UI and default PDF app combo.

As far as email, I don't think I've gotten them as attachments for a while, they've come as links that no longer work once I've signed/approved.

Reactions: mikes_fsd