TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Quality accessories from Abstract Ocean

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by smudger7, Jun 16, 2014.

1. smudger7

smudger7 Member

I have just received my delivery from Abstract Ocean (Google search them) after reading quality reviews on Tesla USA forum.

What can I say 9 days in total door to door for standard $15 shipping and goods very affordable and great quality, now just have to wait 10 weeks until car arrives.

Give Pete a chance and feel sure he will be a bonus to us all.

2. PB85

PB85 Member

What accessoreis have you ordered?

Hi
    what accessories have you ordered?
    I mean so far before the car arrives and you have seen it tried it as supplied... ?
    PB

I made it to UK customer launch
    . DSC00910low res.JPG

3. smudger7

smudger7 Member

I ordered leather fobpocket, Kensington Powerbolt adaptor, magnetic phone holder & usb rotators as seem worthwhile additions. Tried out on current car and all fine so no reason not to believe will not work on Tesla as USA owners all happy.

4. Nhallwood

Nhallwood Member

I ordered a couple of fobpockets yesterday morning. I got notification that they were shipped yesterday afternoon by US first calls post. Will see when they arrive. I thought $4.60 postage was pretty reasonable - I guess the amount was less than @smudger7's because of the size/weight.

5. LeeJ

LeeJ Member

Nice one, just ordered a couple of fobpockets, powebolt adaptor, magnetic phone holder and usb rotators, they look really useful

6. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

The phone holders are 7oz, so since the shipping is weight-based, they do bump up the price a bit. I do what I can to keep the international costs low...shipping FobPockets is easy, because they squash down nicely, so they can ship as a thick envelope, but anything deeper that 0.75 inches has to go as a package, and that adds a bit to the cost as well. Regardless, I hope you like your stuff, and your Model S's, the RHD version has been a long time coming!

7. Goren

Goren New Member

FYI, Tesla provides fobpockets on delivery. They are only neoprene, rather than leather, but still you might want to see before ordering. You also get a screen cleaner. I think the other items mentioned or comparable are readily available on Amazon.

8. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Sometimes they provide a key holder on delivery, but in terms of the history of these, I was the first to make any kind of storage for the Model S key, Tesla, I guess, copied my design, but that was a first generation version which was based on a Caselogic USB holder. Since then my neoprene FobPockets have evolved into 2 designs and a dozen options, and we've recently started the leather and silicone variants. The Tesla one is free, which is great, but maybe that ~£250 key needs a slightly plusher home :)

9. Caloncho

Caloncho LongerTelomeres?

@pete, I received the (black) silicon fob plusher home, it rocks! I just love it !

10. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

:) Glad you like it!

11. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Even though I'm English :), details of our July 4th discounts here.