Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quebec government rebate for Charging Stations (Which are approved)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Many people asked if the Tesla charger was available for the 1000$ from the government of Quebec.

It is not, the unit is not certified by them therefore making none eligible.

At Sun country Highway we do carry a wide range of chargers up to 90 amps (72 continuous) and
all of them are eligible for the 1000$ rebate and we ran specials promotions for Tesla owners from time to time.

With over 8000 units around the world since 2008 these stations are not only the most reliable but also fully tested by Tesla themselves.

Bonus: They come with a J-1772 connector so they are compatible with every EV on the market.

If you need more informations do not hesitate to contact me, as we have those units in stock and charging your precious Model S as fast as possible and with the most reliable unit available
is what Sun Country offers you.

I also have a mailing list for Tesla owners with news about our network and special promotions for Tesla owners only so feel free to email so you won't be left out.

Best regards,

Olivier Delisle
Business Development
Sun Country highway (Quebec)

Just FYI, the Model S won't draw more than 70 from a CS-90, for whatever reason.

Assuming the CS-90 is connected to 90amps, and the Model S only pulls 80% of available amperage... Then 72amps should be available to the Model S. Maybe 70 is normal in this case?

If the CS-90 is connected to 100 amps - then, yes, I would assume you should be able to pull the full 80amps with the twin chargers.

Assuming the CS-90 is connected to 90amps, and the Model S only pulls 80% of available amperage... Then 72amps should be available to the Model S. Maybe 70 is normal in this case?

If the CS-90 is connected to 100 amps - then, yes, I would assume you should be able to pull the full 80amps with the twin chargers.

I'm simply reporting what the car actually does. Often my car shows only 69A available, and then actually pulls 68A. This sort of thing is probably due to the way J1772 is defined - it's not exactly a sophisticated protocol. It's basically an analog protocol - the width of a pulse tells the car how much power is available.