Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

question about recent free midnight silver color change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I recently just took delivery on June 30th with Midnight silver color(paid $1000). It is a few days before they announce switching default color from white to midnight silver. I'm wondering if there's way to get credit or I should just feel just sucks. Thanks

Hi guys,

I recently just took delivery on June 30th with Midnight silver color(paid $1000). It is a few days before they announce switching default color from white to midnight silver. I'm wondering if there's way to get credit or I should just feel just sucks. Thanks
Why did you start a new thread. There is one going from earlier today. Anyway, you just have to suck it up. I got my MSM color three weeks back. It is what it is in Telsa world.

The "default" color doesn't make sense, IMO, because you should only paid a supplement
in the case of more expensive colors to manufacture or to apply, such as mettallic colors like the light silver.

In general othere car manufacturers provide a choice between various common colors,
and only request a paid option for more specific and less in demand colors.

For a while, black was the default Tesla color, then white becoame the default.
Later on, I believe white and dark grey were both the default colors.
And now, dark grey is the default.

I hope that Tesla bottom line takes advantage of having solely
one default color, and switching time to time its default `color.

Otherwise this situation is frustrative for customers.
Nobody want to paid extra without any real justification of the added cost.