Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about windshield repair and mileage reporting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I recently had a windshield rock chip repaired on my Tesla by Safelite, and the service was covered by my Progressive insurance with no deductible. The repair was done at my home, and at no point was the car unlocked or accessed by the technician.

However, I noticed something interesting in the auto-emailed receipt from Safelite - it listed the exact mileage of my car as of the time of the repair, which was different to yesterday. I'm curious about how they were able to obtain this information, as I did not provide it to Progressive, Safelite, or the tech, and the car was not unlocked during the service so the internal screens were blank.

I do have my car connected to two third-party services - Tessie and TeslaFi, which access my car's data. I'm wondering if there might be a connection from Tesla or one of these third-party services to Safelite or Progressive, or if there's another explanation.

I'm not looking to point fingers or blame anyone, but I am trying to understand how this might have happened. Has anyone else experienced something similar or have any insights into how Safelite might have accessed my car's mileage?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and insights!