Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tiny chip in windshield - already inspected by lease end inspector - can I get repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen the other threads on this, not quite exactly as my situation...tiny chip (4 months old, so it's not expanding) on my windshield, inspector noted it so he said I need a new windshield...can I just get Safelite to show up to repair it or am I pretty much stuck at this point because it's on the inspection report? Would rather pay $160 to Safelite than $1200 from Tesla!

Reactions: Gpa9504
Hi @thefrenches @ewoodrick, a small rock hit my windshield 4 days ago so I called the insurance company and they stated that they see this as an act of god so I could not charge the truck that did it. They recommended that I fill out a claim, pay the deductible of $500 and then let Tesla Lease know. Safe lite Windshield Repair gave me a quote of $150 to repair because it is tiny. Not for sure if I am breaking the lease by getting it fix. Any Thoughts on the matter before I call Tesla?

We're in the 21st Century and still can't get a windshield that doesn't chip so easily. My one month old Performance with barely over 200 miles has a micro chip right at eye level that lights up during the setting Sun.