Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about XM radio and Garage opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Tesla awaiting delivery on M3P and had couple of questions about two features I read that are not available- XM radio and garage homelink opener. Is this true and is there a work around it? Thanks for your help

The garage Homelink opener no longer comes standard on the Model 3. I had one included in my Model 3 but that was from 2018 and I guess it was a part that not everyone needed so it was made optional. You can buy it as an option however, $300, includes installation. Model 3/Y Automatic Garage Opener

As for Sirius XM, I don’t think it is available at all, at least thru Tesla, for cars with the glass roofs. My husband has a 2017 MS with pano roof (sliding sunroof) and the center roof “bar” located between the front and rear seats was where XM’s antenna could be located. With the all glass roofs that location was no longer available.

congrats on the new car. Being in southern Calif I’m thinking you’ll get before end of year if you can take delivery. They really do a delivery push on the West Coast at end of quarter and especially year end.

Last edited:
Reactions: royinla
I don't think the SiriusXM app can be used on the Tesla software...

However, you can connect your phone and play media from your phone... so in that case, you could use the SiriusXM app on your phone and listen to it that way. It is much less convenient to do, and I haven't actually done that yet. I've had SiriusXM for my commute for close to 15 years... been driving a Tesla for the last 10 days... so this is a shift for me...

I have instead switched to Spotify for music... i've always listened to Audible books, and that I have also done via the phone-media connection. Works well. The only thing left for me is baseball talk... will need to find a good solution for that, which might be the SiriusXM app on the phone...

Reactions: royinla