Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question: Beige headliner on 2020 MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Oct Tesla “Updated” (actually downgraded) the cream interior by removing the cream headliner and cream carpet. Now all Model S get only black headliner and black carpet regardless of interior “color”. Cost cutting measure that just validates the fact that these interiors are substandard for a premium car.

You could ask sales if the light headliner can be ordered off menu - but its doubtful it’s available any longer.

Last Oct Tesla “Updated” (actually downgraded) the cream interior by removing the cream headliner and cream carpet. Now all Model S get only black headliner and black carpet regardless of interior “color”. Cost cutting measure that just validates the fact that these interiors are substandard for a premium car.

You could ask sales if the light headliner can be ordered off menu - but its doubtful it’s available any longer.

That's a shame. I actually find the interior build quality on the MS to be quite good, somewhere between a BMW 5-Series and 7-Series. But yeah, for a $115,000 car, they should have different headliner choices. Doesn't mean I won't buy it, I will, but I really wish more thought was put into luxury and less into autonomous driving.