Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for the group…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYP 7/9. No EDD but guessing September maybe October. Was planning to lease. 3yr/10k. I like getting a new car every 3 years or so and will be ready for something crazier by then (plaid X/S, etc)

A dealership right near my house just contacted me and they have a 2021 MYP 11k miles in my exact specs. Is it worth buying and reselling in 3 years If I can get a good deal? I have been trying to think and I believe in 3yrs if I keep miles around 8k/yr (pretty likely for me) I can still sell the car for around $50k or so? How is depreciation on these? Right now they are in high demand.

Any input from anybody? Tough decision but being able to go get the car today is a huge PLUS

I have sold a used Model S at 50% depreciation.

I have sold a used Model Y at a profit.

There is no way to tell what’s going to happen in 3 years.

But if you want the car, I would honestly buy from a dealer rather than waiting for and dealing with Tesla.

Reactions: ToothDr
People are selling their used/pre-owned Teslas and buying new, Vroom seems to be offering the most, Tesla is giving you a whole lot less for the trade in. Model Y’s are out of stock so people want those cars today, once Austin Tx & Germany start ramping up Model Y’s these used car sales will go away.

Going to see what I can get for my SR+ and go to another MY.

Feed