Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on no-contact delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question for those of you who picked up your Y at a delivery center using the no-contact process.

I have an appointment to pick up my Y tomorrow, but the car has not shown up on my app. If this was also your situation, how did you find your car in the parking lot and how did you unlock it?

Also, the delivery email that I received directed me to click "accept delivery" in my account once I made payment. Did you have to do that step?

Thanks for your help.

Cliff

Hi. Saw your response to a similar question of mine in another post. Looks like I'll be picking up from Fremont in the next day or two as I'm waiting for funds to transfer before electronically paying in full. Please post an update once you get your car!

I believe others have reported that the vehicle shows up in the app about 15 minutes before delivery. That was also the case for my full contact Model 3 delivery two years ago.

That's only if the setting for allowing remote access is checked. Usually they do that at the factory as the default, but when I got my Model 3 that hadn't happened. The guy doing my delivery turned the feature on in the car settings, and instantly my app showed the vehicle.

I have a question for those of you who picked up your Y at a delivery center using the no-contact process.

I have an appointment to pick up my Y tomorrow, but the car has not shown up on my app. If this was also your situation, how did you find your car in the parking lot and how did you unlock it?

Also, the delivery email that I received directed me to click "accept delivery" in my account once I made payment. Did you have to do that step?

Thanks for your help.

Cliff

So how did it go? Any updates to share? I'm scheduled for "express pick up" tomorrow. The email from Tesla said there will be no human interaction. I'm supposed to go to the Fremont delivery center, get in, drive away, and drop off the docs to fedex within 24 hours.

Things went well today, but I did get kind of anxious since you have to Accept Delivery to get car available on your app (so that you can use the app to unlock the car).

I paid for the car yesterday via ACH and I had to wait for them to do something before they enabled "Accept Delivery". About an hour before we were supposed to pick up, I finally got an email saying that I could "Accept Delivery" on my account. Once I did that, the car showed up my app. I did have to log off and then log back in to make that happen.

I picked it up at the Dublin, CA Service Center where they had left it charging. There was some confusion about what to do with the paperwork after we signed it. The woman that I had been dealing with said to drop it in a box at the Service Center (she even sent me a pic of it). The guys at the Service Center said to drop it in any FedEx box. The woman then called me and said don't do that because there's no addressee on the FedEx envelope. I then went back and pointed that out to the Service Center guys and they said fine, we'll deal with it.

BTW, the car looked great. No defects that I could find - White w/ black interior, 19" Gemini wheels, FSD, non-Perf, Reserved 3/19/19. VIN 640X

Reactions: dandrewk
Things went well today, but I did get kind of anxious since you have to Accept Delivery to get car available on your app (so that you can use the app to unlock the car).

I paid for the car yesterday via ACH and I had to wait for them to do something before they enabled "Accept Delivery". About an hour before we were supposed to pick up, I finally got an email saying that I could "Accept Delivery" on my account. Once I did that, the car showed up my app. I did have to log off and then log back in to make that happen.

I picked it up at the Dublin, CA Service Center where they had left it charging. There was some confusion about what to do with the paperwork after we signed it. The woman that I had been dealing with said to drop it in a box at the Service Center (she even sent me a pic of it). The guys at the Service Center said to drop it in any FedEx box. The woman then called me and said don't do that because there's no addressee on the FedEx envelope. I then went back and pointed that out to the Service Center guys and they said fine, we'll deal with it.

BTW, the car looked great. No defects that I could find - White w/ black interior, 19" Gemini wheels, FSD, non-Perf, Reserved 3/19/19. VIN 640X
Congrats. I’ll be picking up the same build. It’s reassuring to read about no defects after seeing all the other complaints.

That’s great to hear it went well! I’ll be leaving in the AM to finally do my pickup at the Fremont Location. (5/30/20) Happy to see someone had a good experience with little problems. Thanks for the heads up on the app to get the car to pop up when the time comes.
My ACH hit my bank a few hours ago “ouch” , loan docs signed, insurance purchased. I hope that it’s a smooth and painless process tomorrow!
I plan to repost my experience good or bad, especially the good in it!

Reactions: burton06
That’s great to hear it went well! I’ll be leaving in the AM to finally do my pickup at the Fremont Location. (5/30/20) Happy to see someone had a good experience with little problems. Thanks for the heads up on the app to get the car to pop up when the time comes.
My ACH hit my bank a few hours ago “ouch” , loan docs signed, insurance purchased. I hope that it’s a smooth and painless process tomorrow!
I plan to repost my experience good or bad, especially the good in it!
When did you initiate your ach transfer? Doesn’t it usually take a few days for them to get it?

When did you initiate your ach transfer? Doesn’t it usually take a few days for them to get it?

Although it was ages ago (2018) my timeline paying for my Model 3 was: I submitted the ACH info to Tesla on Friday afternoon. Within minutes I got an email thanking me for my payment and my account showed zero balance. I picked up the car on Sunday and my bank posted the withdrawal on Tuesday.

Picked up my Model Y today at the Fremont factory. Process took about 5 mins. The gentleman asked for my name and VIN or RN number and then said your car is over here. Walked out and he said I just needed to accept delivery. I went to the page but was unable to. He looked at my phone and said his mistake. They forgot a step. He took some pictures of the car, made a phone call and then I got an email to accept delivery. I opened the website and accepted and then went to the Tesla app and the car showed up and just took a moment to load everything.

I was told that was all, I had a FEDEX packet of paperwork on the seat that he said to sign and mail in within 24 hours. And that I was free to go. If I had any questions he was there to answer if I needed.

If the last step had been finished it would have been about a two min process.

Overall the quality is very nice. First thing I noted was a few minor scuff marks on the Vegan Leather which wiped off pretty easy. There was some dust marks here and there that needed some wiping down.
One of my hanger hooks in the back in broken. The charging port looks like it’s sticking out ever so slightly but it’s hard to notice. Rear hatch has some minor paint scuff marks looks like occurred when placing the hatch on.
Some of the plastic on the bumper where the hitch would be has some superficial scuff marks on it which I plan to buff out in the next few days.

Paint actually looked great. The few spots that I thought I found were wiped off with a finger or ended up being tape that was left. Panel gaps!..... I looked.... thought I saw one but it was the same size gap on both sides. Glass is great, clean, no marks or problems. Front had a tow hook in.

Seats fold down nicely, very small gap but I didn’t notice it until later. Inside was clean with minor dusting needs.

Overall I am extremely pleased with how it turned out. I am still figuring everything out setting and driving wise.
I did not purchase full self driving when I got the car but I added the upgrade about 10 seconds after getting in the car. The update blacked out the screen and I got a scary notification saying that the update could take hours without WiFi. The car was connected to the delivery centers WiFi so it only took about 1-2 mins and it was back on and updated.

Autopilot calibration was done by the time I got onto the freeway from the delivery center which is only a few mins down the road.

I plan on getting a good clean of it (after raining on the way home) and clay bar and ceramic coat it tomorrow evening. Over all great experience, everything I did find I don’t plan on getting fixed. All stuff I can do myself or I can live with.

Reactions: BMax_V.2
I did not purchase full self driving when I got the car but I added the upgrade about 10 seconds after getting in the car. The update blacked out the screen and I got a scary notification saying that the update could take hours without WiFi. The car was connected to the delivery centers WiFi so it only took about 1-2 mins and it was back on and updated.
Did they charge tax on that Full self driving upgrade?

btw, nice run down of what to expect.