Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on the screen - does it auto dim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious (have not been in a 3 yet), but while driving, does the large screen dim and just show you your MPH?

I mean does it auto dim after a while so that a bright screen is not in your vision while driving... I like my cab to be really dark while driving at night, as anything like a phone screen or ipad hurts my eyes after a while... even on my jeep I turn down the brightness on the console. If not, is their an option to turn the screen off and just show you your speed?

Let me know,

thanks

I am curious (have not been in a 3 yet), but while driving, does the large screen dim and just show you your MPH?

I mean does it auto dim after a while so that a bright screen is not in your vision while driving... I like my cab to be really dark while driving at night, as anything like a phone screen or ipad hurts my eyes after a while... even on my jeep I turn down the brightness on the console. If not, is their an option to turn the screen off and just show you your speed?

Let me know,

thanks

It turns to night mode (black background instead of white) and dims. You can't turn off the screen and you can't just choose to show speed. I haven't found it to be bothersome.