Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questionnaire: Cars with „F“ packs, what‘s your VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to find out when the „F“ battery pack was introduced. Therefore a question SOLELY to owners of „F“ Pack cars: can you share the last 6 positions of your VIN and, if known, when the car was actually built as this would help too.

To people with „E“ battery packs: please REFRAIN from telling us. I really would like to keep things clean, not have any other discussions and ONLY have F pack owners chime in. Thank you.

A little background: It's about Elon's tweet on Feb 14th saying "car's built in the last few months" and I, and many others, are trying to unravel what "last few months" means. The current suspicion is "roughly from December 2019 onwards" but maybe we can a more precise estimate. Hence my idea for a questionnaire.

How does one check build date? I'm new.

It's not possible with information in/on the car (like Stickers) on the Model X (unlike the Model 3 which does have a sticker clearly stating the week and year).
You will have to ask your Service Center. I made an appointment in the Tesla App, not with the intent to physically go there but simply with a question. This got the attention of one of the folks at my SC and he sent me an Email with when my spaceship on wheels was built.

VIN 263xxx delivered 3/2020. How does one check build date? I'm new.

Not having got my rolling space ship on wheels yet, my vin is 237xxx. The Tesla site, upon purchase, claimed a long range plus for what I have named "Mamba" as well as quoting it as having a 350 mile range. The salesman says build date is December 2019 and that it's a 2020. My bad, since I don't know for absolutely sure without a Mulroney that I have an F, but I'm fairly confident.