Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about buying a used 2013 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 P85 CPO, the cheapest that I could find that had my best bang for the buck. I bought a 50K miler in ~June 2015; a small battery issue had the loaner pack for 5 months and a few thousand miles and got the original B pack reinstalled. Now approaching 80K miles and still the same 248-250miles range charge, and 224-228 @ 90%; same as the day i picked her up with 50k miles. So original owner saw the degradation, not me yet.

No other mechanical issues, water leaks, air leaks, etc...

I picked up a 2013 CPO P85+ about 13 months ago. Car had 35k miles back then; it's pushing 50k now. I've had a 12v issue which took them a couple of times to find, a leak in the right rear taillight (pretty common), and a busted motor mount which got me a new drive unit. All this was covered under warranty. I road-tripped it from LA to Portland, OR in July - that was a lot of fun. I replaced the staggered 21's with aftermarket 20's so I could rotate the tires (rear tires don't last long) and I upgraded the headlights. I'm very happy with the car.

My experience was similar to @Sethsla in that I knew what I wanted but couldn't find it on the website. The sales adviser at the Brea, CA store found two cars right away that I never saw on the website.