Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about ordering Mobile Charger now or later

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm close to ordering a MY LR and just wondering about ordering a mobile connector with it. I have a M3 SR+ currently and if I sell it privately I figure I will have to include the charger, but if I trade it in to Tesla do I have to include it? If I opt to not order a charger with my MY can I have the SA add it later? The online store seems to be out of stock of them so I'm just a bit worried about not getting one, but also I don't particularly want to prepay $225 for a charger I may not need.

Thanks!

I'm close to ordering a MY LR and just wondering about ordering a mobile connector with it. I have a M3 SR+ currently and if I sell it privately I figure I will have to include the charger, but if I trade it in to Tesla do I have to include it? If I opt to not order a charger with my MY can I have the SA add it later? The online store seems to be out of stock of them so I'm just a bit worried about not getting one, but also I don't particularly want to prepay $225 for a charger I may not need.

Thanks!
I'm still a little irritated that Tesla made it an add-on. I doubt that everyone that places an order these days knows they won't be getting a means to charge their new car. Since you already have the mobile kit, I'd say try and hold onto it when/if you trade in your car. I'll be taking delivery on my MYLR and trading in my M3SR+ in about a week. I intend to hold onto the mobile kit even though I think I'm grandfathered into receiving a new kit anyway. I can always keep one at my job just in case! But if they ask for it, I'll post here to let you know.

I understand that not everyone uses it, but they are making more people reliant on public chargers IMHO. We have two Teslas in our household, and for 2+ years we have used our mobile connection kits at home as our primary chargers. While getting a couple wall chargers would certainly be more convenient, I'm not going to fork out several thousand dollars to get them installed when all I need to do is use my existing outlets.