Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions to Ask at Gigafactory Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be going and know that a number of other people on here will be going. I plan to try to take some videos if allowed and post of the factory and hopefully model 3 drive. I have followed Telsa for many years and have a probably above average level of knowledge, but thought I would ask what questions members here think should be asked if opportunity arises on the tours. I think of the some asked good questions were asked in videos in the test drives from the 3 reveal which is what I am relating to.
Thanks!​

Just a warning to people bringing cameras based on our Model 3 Reveal event experience.

If you were NOT press or properly credentialed, they did not allow any SLR cameras with detachable lenses into the event. They sent the people behind me who had been waiting in line for hours back to their cars (in an off-site parking lot via shuttle) to return their camera. I'm not sure if they lost their place in line or not.

They guys in front of me that had a nice 20mp DxO One iphone snap-on camera had no problems getting in (that thing was COOL).
03-img_3517-100622680-medium.jpg

Once inside the event, A LOT of "press" people had massive cameras, so enforcement seems inconsistent. If you want to bring in a big camera other than point-and-shoot or a smartphone, I'd suggest getting some sort of press credential ahead of time (don't just show up with a press pass).

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler