Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Bandit Gen 2 Front License Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I diverted I found a mount on Amazon and I’m very happy with its stability and looks!!! Very well put together and no slop

No Drill Front License Plate Holder for Tesla Model Y, Toolless Install with Anti-Theft Features, No Adhesives Aluminum License Plate Bracket Mounting Kit (Model Y 2020-2023) https://a.co/d/i4sm0Oy

I’ll post pics in a bit but overall I’m very happy with it for $80
Here’s the Amazon mount I mentioned I’m very happy with it and I like that I can offset it 😈😈

Attachments

• IMG_8461.jpeg
    IMG_8461.jpeg
    790.8 KB · Views: 190
Here’s the Amazon mount I mentioned I’m very happy with it and I like that I can offset it 😈😈
genuine question. why not in the center?

I mean this offset thing is for the heavily modified or performance cars that need to clear the front intercooler/radiator openings, and they do clear the opening either all the way to the left or right, not just half to the left or right.

genuine question. why not in the center?

I mean this offset thing is for the heavily modified or performance cars that need to clear the front intercooler/radiator openings, and they do clear the opening either all the way to the left or right, not just half to the left or right.
You make a valid point to me it just looks a bit more agressive I guess. I never really liked the idea having a plate dead center of vehicle. I wish I could just not have a front plate all together. I still don’t understand why some states allow 1 and some 2. There should be a standard at some point.

But honestly it’s just for my own personal liking tbh. To each their own…

Pic is a 404.

Mine has almost no play and I don't even have to secure it with the screws.
Ah, sorry, Google Photos decided to un-publish the video for some reason.
Here is another video showing the problem: watch

It all ended well though - Tony sent me an updated version of Quick Bandit. The updated variant has arms extending a bit more so it does not wiggle at all, doesn't touch the painted part of the bumper and is pretty much perfect.

PS: I suspect what I received originally was for a Model 3, but I'm not 100% certain. Now I have something to give away to friends driving Model 3 :)